Just upgraded to a SY-Kt600 with an athlon xp 2500...

ANy idea what my setting should be? Im not at all trying to push my
limits, just want to get what I can out of the system and keep it
stable! Any generall ideas? TIA
3 answers Last reply
More about just upgraded kt600 athlon 2500

    Great MB. I could help you, but you need to list the hardware you have
    installed or plan on installing.
    Tom

    "Miles Noe" <mjay25@msn.com> wrote in message
    > ANy idea what my setting should be? Im not at all trying to push my
    > limits, just want to get what I can out of the system and keep it
    > stable! Any generall ideas? TIA
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    I assume you mean FSB and multiplier settings. The 2500+ barton normal
    setting would be 166 for FSB (jumpers on FJ1 block) and 11.0 for the
    multiplier (0000000 on RJ2 block) giving a 1.826Gz cpu cycle. My
    understanding is that the multiplier is locked on most 2500s so
    changing the RJ2 block most likely won't change anything. You can
    overclock with the FSB. The FSB can be changed in the bios by 1MZ
    increments. With the jumper at 166 you can go up to 199MZ in the bios
    setting. I can get there and the system's stable but the memory is
    overclocked past 200MZ (have 3200). I'm a rookie on overclocking but
    it appears that the clocking on the memory and FSB are linked despite
    setting the memory clocking manually. My next try is to change the
    jumper to 200 FSB and I hope the memory clocking will sync at 200
    also. Seems to be a great MB for the price.

    Soyo KT600, AMD 2500+, Mushkin 3200 512MB, ATI 9600SE, WD 80GB SATA,
    Antec 3700AMB

    On 12 May 2004 22:23:07 -0700, mjay25@msn.com (Miles Noe) wrote:

    >ANy idea what my setting should be? Im not at all trying to push my
    >limits, just want to get what I can out of the system and keep it
    >stable! Any generall ideas? TIA
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    I have a question about Soyo SY KT600 Ver 1.0 . I got AMD 2600+ I set
    the JP1 at 166 but I cant set the FSB to 199 . I set JP1 to 200 but
    still the same . When I restart , nothing happened ?? :shock:

Soyo Windows XP Motherboards