I need some help in removing a nasty BHO Ad-aware in my Wi..

I have a nasty Ad-aware "BHO" ware sitting in my system with the filename of
REQ.DAT (in my C:\windows\system32 directory). Thankfully the program
"BHODemon" allows me to disable this pest at boot-up, but I can't figure out
how can I manually delete it completely from my system!

I have tried Ad-Aware Pro, Spybot Search and Destroy and Norton's Antivirus
2005. Only Norton flags it, and when I follow the instructions to "reboot
in Safe mode, scan again and then choose to delete it", for some reason,
Norton can't even find it!

Anyone have any further ideas?

Here is what Symantec folk's write about this REQ.DAT:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.look2me.html

and here is a link to BHO Demon (it's free!) for those who need help:

http://www.definitivesolutions.com/bhodemon.htm

M. B. wrote:
> I have a nasty Ad-aware "BHO" ware sitting in my system with the
> filename of REQ.DAT (in my C:\windows\system32 directory).
> Thankfully the program "BHODemon" allows me to disable this pest at
> boot-up, but I can't figure out how can I manually delete it
> completely from my system!
>
> I have tried Ad-Aware Pro, Spybot Search and Destroy and Norton's
> Antivirus 2005. Only Norton flags it, and when I follow the
> instructions to "reboot in Safe mode, scan again and then choose to
> delete it", for some reason, Norton can't even find it!
>
> Anyone have any further ideas?
>
> Here is what Symantec folk's write about this REQ.DAT:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.look2me.html

> and here is a link to BHO Demon (it's free!) for those who need help:
>
> http://www.definitivesolutions.com/bhodemon.htm

Might want to try the Microsoft Antispyware Beta ?

Also, you've posted this in a hardware group. I suggest posting in
microsoft.public.security.homeuseers.

yahoo spyware is cool and free!!! recommended by a few programmers that know
there stuff.