"STOP 0x0000007B" Boot Problem, Tried EVERYTHING

Hi... I recently ordered a new case, motherboard, and processor...

I originally purchased my computer with Compaq, and it came with WinXP Home
Edition on the harddrive... The harddrive died a while back and I switched it
with a new one, but the same OS and product key registered...

When the computer would not boot up on my new setup I tried the "quick
restore disks" No luck, then I tried the "Restore disk" No Luck... Then I
tried a Win98 boot disk and used fdisk /mbr, no luck.... Then I got a hold of
a copy of WinXP install disk from a friend, as my Compaq computer never came
with one...

I tried that, no luck.. It doesn't even seem to read it... It goes right to
the boot options menu as if there was a problem on the last boot, (safe mode,
safemode w/ commandprompt... etc.)

When I choose one, I tried them all... I get...

"STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF894D640, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)"

When I researched the error I got
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q316401

As I said, it did not reckognize the install disk, so then I tried the boot
floppies, I think it was a set of 6... I went through the whole process and
everything... When It said to insert the WinXP install disk, I did and it
just blinked everytime I pressed Enter... I waited a few minutes but nothing
happened... I tried the cd that the motherboard came w/ ... that didn't work
either... I tried using a more standard cd-rom drive, still no luck...

I have a maxtor DiamondMax 60GB ATA/133 harddrive... Also, the bios
reckognize the harddrive as the one I mentioned above...

Also, When I put the drive back into my old computer (I gave it to my mother
b/c it was better than her old 650mhz duron) The drive boots up fine... I
assume the problem is because my chipsets different...

Specs

MSI K7N2GM-V, NVIDIA nForce2 IGP 64 + MCP2SL Chipset
AMD AthlonXP 3200+ Barton
and again the harddrive is Maxtor DiamonMax Plus 60GB

Thanks In Advance...

Sorry, but the Compaq Restore CDs are designed to only
work with your original Compaq PC's hardware. It will
not work with a different hardware configuration. So the
only thing to do is to purchase a conventional version
of Windows XP (Full Version).

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Sorry, but the Compaq Restore CDs are designed to only
> work with your original Compaq PC's hardware. It will
> not work with a different hardware configuration. So the
> only thing to do is to purchase a conventional version
> of Windows XP (Full Version).
_________
QUOTE
Then I got a hold of
a copy of WinXP install disk from a friend, as my Compaq computer never came
with one...
/QUOTE
_________

I got one from a friend and it was the full version of WindowsXP, I am going
to register it with my product key that came with my Compaq...

The Compaq Product Key will not work with any
other Windows XP CD since it is an OEM. You need to
purchase a conventional "Full Version" of Windows XP that
includes Service Pack 2 and your installation should
proceed normally.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"StudioGF" wrote:

| I got one from a friend and it was the full version of WindowsXP, I am going
| to register it with my product key that came with my Compaq...

That still won't work, it's finding the WindowsXP installation disk! If I buy
the disk (the person i borrowed it from bought it) then it will be doing the
same thing, not reading it... I found another thread very similar to this
one...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?&query=boot+0x0000007B&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware&p=1&tid=01201c9b-a8a2-4275-982f-f38678c8ecc5

Also, using the product key located on the little microsoft windows xp
sticker on the front of the computer does work, I've done it before... The
installation worked fine on my old computer w/ a brand new blank harddrive...

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> The Compaq Product Key will not work with any
> other Windows XP CD since it is an OEM. You need to
> purchase a conventional "Full Version" of Windows XP that
> includes Service Pack 2 and your installation should
> proceed normally.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "StudioGF" wrote:
>
> | I got one from a friend and it was the full version of WindowsXP, I am going
> | to register it with my product key that came with my Compaq...

Once you get a full version CD of Windows you need to do a repair install.
See:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q314082
for help.

--
Dave Vair
CNE, CNA, MCP, A+, N+

"StudioGF" <StudioGF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> That still won't work, it's finding the WindowsXP installation disk! If I buy
> the disk (the person i borrowed it from bought it) then it will be doing the
> same thing, not reading it... I found another thread very similar to this
> one...
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroups/reader.mspx?&query=boot+0x0000007B&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware&p=1&tid=01201c9b-a8a2-4275-982f-f38678c8ecc5
>
> Also, using the product key located on the little microsoft windows xp
> sticker on the front of the computer does work, I've done it before... The
> installation worked fine on my old computer w/ a brand new blank harddrive...
>
> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> The Compaq Product Key will not work with any
>> other Windows XP CD since it is an OEM. You need to
>> purchase a conventional "Full Version" of Windows XP that
>> includes Service Pack 2 and your installation should
>> proceed normally.
>>
>> --
>> Carey Frisch
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP - Shell/User
>> Microsoft Newsgroups

>> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx

>> "StudioGF" wrote:
>>
>> | I got one from a friend and it was the full version of WindowsXP, I am going
>> | to register it with my product key that came with my Compaq...

sorry wrong KB
meant:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315341/