CD-Rom problems

Hi there! My DVD/CD-R drive suddenly stopped reading. No matter what type of
disc I insert the device cannot read it and says the disc drive is empty.
Checked for any driver updates, but apparently I am using the most late
driver. I am using Windows XP2 .....dont know what could have caused this,
neither how to fix it.
Please help!

"borko" <borko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi there! My DVD/CD-R drive suddenly stopped reading. No matter what type of
>disc I insert the device cannot read it and says the disc drive is empty.

See "How to Troubleshoot Issues with Reading CD, CD-R, CD-RW, and DVD
Discs" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321641).

--
(tm)