COMPAQ micro keyboard software-Need help

July 20, 2004 4:59:22 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc,comp.sys.handhelds,24hoursupport.helpdesk (More info?)

I was given a COMPAQ micro keyboard but no software or other support
documentation.

The labels on the keyboard state:

SPS P/N 251274-001
ASSEMBLY P/N 250110-001
S/N DT22KD51K1A7

I'd like to know what models of IPAQ handhelds this keyboard was designed
for and can I download the software for installation of my IPAQ 5450?

I searched www.compaq.com using the first two strings of numbers stated
above and could not find anything.

I wrote to HP technical support asking the same thing I'm asking here and
their reply was they need $34.95 for out of warranty technical support.

Funny thing is I never asked for warranty support, I was just asking basic
information.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!!
July 20, 2004 5:07:38 PM

"Grumpy" <grumpy@nothappy.com> wrote in message
> I was given a COMPAQ micro keyboard but no software or other support
> documentation.
>
> The labels on the keyboard state:
>
> SPS P/N 251274-001
> ASSEMBLY P/N 250110-001
> S/N DT22KD51K1A7
>
> I'd like to know what models of IPAQ handhelds this keyboard was designed
> for and can I download the software for installation of my IPAQ 5450?
>
> I searched www.compaq.com using the first two strings of numbers stated
> above and could not find anything.
>
> I wrote to HP technical support asking the same thing I'm asking here and
> their reply was they need $34.95 for out of warranty technical support.
>
> Funny thing is I never asked for warranty support, I was just asking basic
> information.
>
> Can anyone help me out?
>
> Thanks!!

Compaq / HP iPaq Pocket PC Micro Keyboard
http://www.thehistoryofcomputers.com/Compaqsk886.html
Anonymous
July 20, 2004 6:17:03 PM

"Grumpy" <grumpy@nothappy.com> wrote in message
> I was given a COMPAQ micro keyboard but no software or other support
> documentation.
>
> The labels on the keyboard state:
>
> SPS P/N 251274-001
> ASSEMBLY P/N 250110-001
> S/N DT22KD51K1A7
>
> I'd like to know what models of IPAQ handhelds this keyboard was designed
> for and can I download the software for installation of my IPAQ 5450?

See http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/files/handhelds/us/do...

HTH,

Flib
!