matt

When I insert blank cds into the cd drive, it doesn't seem to be able to read
them. The drive works fine with normal cds, it is only when I insert a blank
CD that I have this problem. Is my cd drive stuffed? Should I get it cleaned?

can anyone help?

keith

"matt" <matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I insert blank cds into the cd drive, it doesn't seem to be able to
> read
> them. The drive works fine with normal cds, it is only when I insert a
> blank
> CD that I have this problem. Is my cd drive stuffed? Should I get it
> cleaned?
>
> can anyone help?

If the Cd is blank there's nothing to read

Matt

Open My Computer.. right click on the CD drive icon.. select PROPERTIES..
click on the AUTOPLAY tab.. you can now select the function to start your CD
writing software when a blank CD is inserted..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm