KT600 Boot?

Brent

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have two SATA hard drives installed and I cannot install the operating
system XP on them. It keeps telling me it cannot find any hard drives. The
hard drive show in My Computer and in computer management. I set the first
boot drive to SCSI in the Bios. I finally installed a IDE drive and
everthing is okay and will boot up. There is something I don't understand
and would appreciate help.

"Brent" <carsonbm@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<saKdneVgDeOABl_dRVn_iw@adelphia.com>...

Did you copy the SATA drivers to a floppy disk for installation during
WinXP setup. To use the SATA drives as the boot drive under WinXP you
must have the SATA drivers on a floopy disk and during setup of XP
when it asks you to hit F-6 to install third party raid or scsi
devices drivers you must do so and then follow XP's instructions. This
is the only way you can install the drivers for your SATA controller
chip if you plan to use it as the primary boot drive. Directions for
this are on page 98 of your manual.