XP media edition TV tuner problem.

I just bought Windows XP Media edition Version 2002 SP2.
and I also bought a TV/FM tuner card. (Bt878A chipset based)
my pc is a:

Asus main board with all the latest driver &
Firmware, patches....
Athlon barton 2500+ 1GB ram
Video card FX-5200
400GB HDD

the TV/FM:
it's a "Super TV tuner"
the chipset is a:
btcap, WDM audio capture
btcap, WDM sound capture
bttuner, phillips WDM TVTuner
(chipset CONNEXAN Fusion 878A)

The Main Problem is: the media Center application
tells me that there is either a proble or no TV card!
and the programm that is bundled with the card work fine.
I can watch TV & FM but not in Media center.
1 answer Last reply
More about media edition tuner problem

    I had the same problem I downloaded NVIDIA DVD Decoder trial program and
    the media center started working fine. Note the trial program is good for 90
    days then you have to buy it
    "Sylvain" <syl@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >I just bought Windows XP Media edition Version 2002 SP2.
    > and I also bought a TV/FM tuner card. (Bt878A chipset based)
    > my pc is a:
    >
    > Asus main board with all the latest driver &
    > Firmware, patches....
    > Athlon barton 2500+ 1GB ram
    > Video card FX-5200
    > 400GB HDD
    >
    > the TV/FM:
    > it's a "Super TV tuner"
    > the chipset is a:
    > btcap, WDM audio capture
    > btcap, WDM sound capture
    > bttuner, phillips WDM TVTuner
    > (chipset CONNEXAN Fusion 878A)
    >
    > The Main Problem is: the media Center application
    > tells me that there is either a proble or no TV card!
    > and the programm that is bundled with the card work fine.
    > I can watch TV & FM but not in Media center.

TV Tuner Windows XP Chipsets