Another IBM went down the drain...

Yesterday one of my IBM's just totally screwed up. It's two years old, and
third one - first two died after 3 months - they were 75 GXP. This one is
120 GXP series, i have two of them in RAID1 (lucky me :-))and since it has 3
year warranty, i hope i'll get another one - hoping it won't be an IBM.
Second one (still) works good, but first one from the start every now and
then spitted funny "mijauuu" sound, following by head winning....

Damn, i can't imagine, how low IBM dropped...and i really liked it.
2 answers Last reply
More about another drain

    the Hitachis are really nice and super fast, hope they hold up
    better than the original lineup ~

    SleeperMan wrote:

    > Yesterday one of my IBM's just totally screwed up. It's two years old, and
    > third one - first two died after 3 months - they were 75 GXP. This one is
    > 120 GXP series, i have two of them in RAID1 (lucky me :-))and since it has 3
    > year warranty, i hope i'll get another one - hoping it won't be an IBM.
    > Second one (still) works good, but first one from the start every now and
    > then spitted funny "mijauuu" sound, following by head winning....
    >
    > Damn, i can't imagine, how low IBM dropped...and i really liked it.

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    Yeah, but worst it can happen is i'll end up with new IBM, maybe WD or
    Maxtor. I think they doesn't sell Hitachi where i bought my drive.

    farmuse typed:

    > the Hitachis are really nice and super fast, hope they hold up
    > better than the original lineup ~
    >
    > SleeperMan wrote:
    >
    >> Yesterday one of my IBM's just totally screwed up. It's two years
    >> old, and third one - first two died after 3 months - they were 75
    >> GXP. This one is 120 GXP series, i have two of them in RAID1 (lucky
    >> me :-))and since it has 3 year warranty, i hope i'll get another one
    >> - hoping it won't be an IBM. Second one (still) works good, but
    >> first one from the start every now and then spitted funny "mijauuu"
    >> sound, following by head winning....
    >>
    >> Damn, i can't imagine, how low IBM dropped...and i really liked it.

Soyo IBM Motherboards