Another IBM went down the drain...

Yesterday one of my IBM's just totally screwed up. It's two years old, and
third one - first two died after 3 months - they were 75 GXP. This one is
120 GXP series, i have two of them in RAID1 (lucky me :))and since it has 3
year warranty, i hope i'll get another one - hoping it won't be an IBM.
Second one (still) works good, but first one from the start every now and
then spitted funny "mijauuu" sound, following by head winning....

Damn, i can't imagine, how low IBM dropped...and i really liked it.

the Hitachis are really nice and super fast, hope they hold up
better than the original lineup ~

SleeperMan wrote:

> Yesterday one of my IBM's just totally screwed up. It's two years old, and
> third one - first two died after 3 months - they were 75 GXP. This one is
> 120 GXP series, i have two of them in RAID1 (lucky me :))and since it has 3
> year warranty, i hope i'll get another one - hoping it won't be an IBM.
> Second one (still) works good, but first one from the start every now and
> then spitted funny "mijauuu" sound, following by head winning....
>
> Damn, i can't imagine, how low IBM dropped...and i really liked it.

Yeah, but worst it can happen is i'll end up with new IBM, maybe WD or
Maxtor. I think they doesn't sell Hitachi where i bought my drive.

farmuse typed: