V600 unlocked?

How can I tell if my V600 is unlocked Thanks!

Michael

In article <40f68792$1_2@news.vic.com>,
"Michael 65" <michael@nomail.com> wrote:

> How can I tell if my V600 is unlocked Thanks!
>
> Michael

If it came from AT&T its locked, if it came from Cingular its unlocked.

I bought it @ BestBuy so is it still ulocked?

Michael

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 08:04:44 -0500, "Michael 65" <michael@nomail.com>
wrote:

>I bought it @ BestBuy so is it still ulocked?
>
>Michael

Does it have an AT&T Wireless or Cingular logo? If it's AT&T, no. If
it's Cingular, then it's unlocked. Best Buy, at least where I live,
does not sell unbranded, unlocked mobile phones.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Can Cingular unlock an ATT V600??

John

In article <b8a5b$40fd9aae$442e0c08$22546@allthenewsgroups.com>,
"John" <jrwilley@voicenet.com> wrote:

> Can Cingular unlock an ATT V600??
>
> John
>
> "Michael 65" <michael@nomail.com> wrote in message
> > How can I tell if my V600 is unlocked Thanks!
> >
> > Michael

It's shipped unlocked.

In article <rmarkoff-248A49.04471321072004@news1.west.earthlink.net>,
"Røbert M." <rmarkoff@faq.cIty> wrote:

> In article <b8a5b$40fd9aae$442e0c08$22546@allthenewsgroups.com>,
> "John" <jrwilley@voicenet.com> wrote:
>
> > Can Cingular unlock an ATT V600??
> >
> > John
> >
> > "Michael 65" <michael@nomail.com> wrote in message
> > > How can I tell if my V600 is unlocked Thanks!
> > >
> > > Michael
> > >

> It's shipped unlocked.

Whoops, the Cingular one is unlocked the AT&T isn't.

Only if ATT releases the code to them, which they won't do. I unlocked my
ATT v600 through GSMliberty, but there might be cheaper providers out
there.