Microsoft IAS Radius and session timeout setting

I am trying to set up a Microsoft IAS Radius (2000 Server) with a Cisco AP
1200 using 802.1x PEAP and WEP

How do I specify the session time out on the IAS radius server? The only
thing that I can find the resembles a session timeout is the "Restrict
Maximum Session to" time in the Dial-in constraints tab of IAS. I want to
reset the session and the session key on a regular interval as to avoid WEP
key hacking.

Or is this something that is set in the group policy that defines the 802.1x
setting?

Ken

You can set the session time out attribute in The Connection Request Policy
profile's advanced tab.
"AdminKen" <some@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to set up a Microsoft IAS Radius (2000 Server) with a Cisco AP
>1200 using 802.1x PEAP and WEP
>
> How do I specify the session time out on the IAS radius server? The only
> thing that I can find the resembles a session timeout is the "Restrict
> Maximum Session to" time in the Dial-in constraints tab of IAS. I want to
> reset the session and the session key on a regular interval as to avoid
> WEP key hacking.
>
> Or is this something that is set in the group policy that defines the
> 802.1x setting?
>
> Ken

WHERE????
What is it called in the IAS gui? There is nothing that is called "session
timout".

"kapil [MSFT]" <kapilj@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You can set the session time out attribute in The Connection Request
> Policy profile's advanced tab.
> --
> *******************************************************************************************
> rights
> *******************************************************************************************
> "AdminKen" <some@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I am trying to set up a Microsoft IAS Radius (2000 Server) with a Cisco AP
>>1200 using 802.1x PEAP and WEP
>>
>> How do I specify the session time out on the IAS radius server? The only
>> thing that I can find the resembles a session timeout is the "Restrict
>> Maximum Session to" time in the Dial-in constraints tab of IAS. I want to
>> reset the session and the session key on a regular interval as to avoid
>> WEP key hacking.
>>
>> Or is this something that is set in the group policy that defines the
>> 802.1x setting?
>>
>> Ken

For any existing Connection request policy(CRP) ( or you can create one
using the CRP wizard) right click on the policy and select properties from
the context menu. The properties dialog box will contain a "Edit profile"
button. Click this button to bring up the profile tabs. Select the Advanced
tab and click Add. This brings up the list of attributes that you can add.
Look for the attribute "Session-Timeout".