Software will not install with service pack 2 and there ar..

I have XP Pro with service pack 2 installed on my new computer and I cannot
install my Epson Perfection 2450 scanner or my Epson printer. They both came
out before service pack 2 and Epson has not updated the drivers or software.
The software will not install. Is there a way around sp2?

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about software install service pack

    To my knowledge, no. Are the scanner and printer both compatible with XP?
    Epson hardware is notoriously picky about how it is installed. You must
    follow the installation instructions precisely.

    "Torge" <Torge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have XP Pro with service pack 2 installed on my new computer and I
    cannot
    > install my Epson Perfection 2450 scanner or my Epson printer. They both
    came
    > out before service pack 2 and Epson has not updated the drivers or
    software.
    > The software will not install. Is there a way around sp2?
    >
    > Thanks

Epson Software Windows XP