K7V Dragon Plus Power Supply Issue

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.built,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

Help please!!

When I turn my system on, the cpu fan and power supply fan spins briefly
then stops. I have replaced the power supply already. Any suggestions, all
are welcomed. I have a video card, cpu/fan, memory, and harddrives
installed. Any help with this issue will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in
advance.

Blair
6 answers Last reply
More about dragon power supply issue
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.built,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    Blair Wilson wrote:

    > Help please!!
    >
    > When I turn my system on, the cpu fan and power supply fan spins briefly
    > then stops. I have replaced the power supply already. Any suggestions, all
    > are welcomed. I have a video card, cpu/fan, memory, and harddrives
    > installed. Any help with this issue will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in
    > advance.
    >
    > Blair

    This board requires a good power supply. I built a system for my dad
    with this MB. Under his old no name PSU, the computer wouldn't start. It
    did just what your is doing. I put a Sparkle 400w PSU in and it fired
    right up. System has been very stable too. Was brand is your new PSU?

    Bob
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.built,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    "Blair Wilson" <blairwilson@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<Yo6dnUL_XLQIdUzdRVn-uw@comcast.com>...
    > Help please!!
    >
    > When I turn my system on, the cpu fan and power supply fan spins briefly
    > then stops. I have replaced the power supply already. Any suggestions, all
    > are welcomed. I have a video card, cpu/fan, memory, and harddrives
    > installed. Any help with this issue will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in
    > advance.
    >
    > Blair

    The info you need is on the SOYO site. Try this link:
    http://www.soyousa.com/kb/kbdesc.php?id=225
    Dave
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.built,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    The new ps is a Antec TruePower 430. I also get one beep then one long beep
    before it shuts down.

    Blair
    "Bob M" <ram1220@vzavenue.net> wrote in message
    > Blair Wilson wrote:
    > >
    > > Help please!!
    > >
    > > When I turn my system on, the cpu fan and power supply fan spins briefly
    > > then stops. I have replaced the power supply already. Any suggestions,
    all
    > > are welcomed. I have a video card, cpu/fan, memory, and harddrives
    > > installed. Any help with this issue will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in
    > > advance.
    > >
    > > Blair
    >
    > This board requires a good power supply. I built a system for my dad
    > with this MB. Under his old no name PSU, the computer wouldn't start. It
    > did just what your is doing. I put a Sparkle 400w PSU in and it fired
    > right up. System has been very stable too. Was brand is your new PSU?
    >
    > Bob
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    I don't know if this will help or not, but I had this exact same issue and
    it took me days to figure out that I had a bad socket in my surge protector!

    I merely moved the power cord to a different socket and allwas well.

    Always remember the little things

    \\m/

    "Blair Wilson" <blairwilson@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > Help please!!
    >
    > When I turn my system on, the cpu fan and power supply fan spins briefly
    > then stops. I have replaced the power supply already. Any suggestions,
    all
    > are welcomed. I have a video card, cpu/fan, memory, and harddrives
    > installed. Any help with this issue will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    in
    > advance.
    >
    > Blair

  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.built,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    > The new ps is a Antec TruePower 430. I also get one beep then one long
    beep
    > before it shuts down.

    Sounds like the mobo isn't sensing the CPU fan. Either it's plugged into the
    wrong header on the mobo or the speed sensor in the fan is faulty.
    This is usually a safety feature to stop the CPU being fried.
    Seen this happen on lots of different boards.

    Have you got another fan you can try?

    HTH
    SteveH
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.built,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    Blair Wilson typed:

    > The new ps is a Antec TruePower 430. I also get one beep then one
    > long beep before it shuts down.

    Below is list of beep error codes, i hope it will help:

    Continous long beeps with short pauses in between:
    ----

    The beep indicated that the motherboad did not detect the your memory.
    Please check and make sure the memory is fully seated into the slot. If you
    have re-seated the memory a few time and it is still not working, then the
    memory you have may not be compatible with the board.

    I get one long and 2 shorts beeps follow by Hi -Lo tone
    ----

    This could be due to the following;
    1. the ram module is bad,
    2. bad power supply.
    3. the data in the Bios chips is corrupted. - try clear Cmos.

    System worked before but now only beep continuously
    ----

    This could happen if:
    1. Power supply unit is bad.
    2. BIOS is corrupted.
    at this point the first thing to try is a different Power Supply, to see if
    the results are any better.
    If the same problem happen with the new power supply, you may need to send
    the BIOS Chip to SOYO for reprogramming.

    I get one long beep + two or three short beeps from the speaker.
    ----

    It is very likely that the VGA card is not properly seated in to the slot.
    Please push the VGA card down and make sure it 'snaps' twice to ensure it is
    fully seated into the slot.
    if the same problem still exist please try a different VGA card.

    I got a beep sometimes 2 or 3 beeps when I turn on my Dragon board.
    ----

    Well, this is normal for the Dragon board to behave this way. When the sysem
    boots up, it will check the onboard devices and each time it detects a
    device, it will beep to indicate that the component is functioning.

    Computer makes one or several beeps and Shuts-Off automatically
    ----

    1. check if the CPU fan is connected to the CPUFAN1 connector (For K7 M/B
    only)
    2. the CPU might be overheating. Change the CPU FAN or check if the CPU fan
    is in proper contact with the CPU.
    3. clear CMOS battery (JP5), be sure to set JP5 back to 1-2 position. (see
    Quick start guide/ user manual for more info on how to clear the CMOS)
    4. make sure the power supply you have on your system support the M/B
    specification. Example. If you have a P4 M/B, you need to use an ATX v2.03
    specification power supply. (power supply that have an extra 4-pin square
    connector)
    5. if you already checked the power supply specification, change the power
    supply it might be defective.
    6. remove the M/B from the case and test the system. The M/B might be
    shorted to the case.

    One beep and nothing come up on the monitor
    ----

    This could be due to the following;

    1. The monitor is not plug in correctly. Please check the monitor cable be
    sure it is connected firmly. If problem still presist, please try another
    monitor.
    2. The Bios setting may not be set correctly. - To correct this problem try
    turn the system on while holding the "Insert" key down. Once the system
    comes up, hit the "Del" key and select "Load Optimised Defaults", hit
    "Enter" then select "Y". next choose save and exit.

Hardware Power Supplies Homebuilt Motherboards