PCs do not resume from standby when I try to connect over ..

I have XP SP2 + all updates.

In the network adapter settings i have enabled both

Allow this computer to turn off device to save power
and
Allow this device to bring the computer out of standby

On both PCs it stopped working after i reinstalled the OS.
Both have Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NICs integrated on the
motherboard.

What more do i need to do to get this to work??

Thanks

I faced the same problem after moving to SP2
Had to change "Wakeup Frame" Property to "Enable" from "Disable" in the
"Advanced" tab of the property sheet of the network adapter.

Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager -> Network Adapters ->
Expand then select your network adapter & open properties.

Hope it helps
SS

"Sultan" <Sultan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have XP SP2 + all updates.
>
> In the network adapter settings i have enabled both
>
> Allow this computer to turn off device to save power
> and
> Allow this device to bring the computer out of standby
>
> On both PCs it stopped working after i reinstalled the OS.
> Both have Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NICs integrated on the
> motherboard.
>
> What more do i need to do to get this to work??
>
> Thanks

Actually i got it working after installing the latest drivers form Realtek.
The default drivers were from Microsoft.

Thanks anyways.