P4I875p D2 v1.0 and Radeon 9800 XT

Bought a brand new set of components. Display is showin up as blocky
lines on boot up. Used a different video board to install a base
win2k OS and flash the bios. I verified that the Radeon works on one
of my older machines so it's not the vid board. Flashing the BIOS was
suggested by ATI tech support but I'm still getting the same
unreadable screen. Anyone else run into this problem? Any
suggestions as to how to go about fixing it? Thanks in advance.

Current list of parts

Soyo P4I875 Dragon2 v1.0
ATI Radeon 9800 XT 256mb
Super Flower aluminum case w/350 Watt PS
IBM/Hitachi 130GB 7200rpm serial ATA HD
1GB RAM (2 x 512)

-beak

"mrbeak" <mrbeak@lakedalelink.net> wrote in message
> Bought a brand new set of components. Display is showin up as blocky
> lines on boot up. Used a different video board to install a base
> win2k OS and flash the bios. I verified that the Radeon works on one
> of my older machines so it's not the vid board. Flashing the BIOS was
> suggested by ATI tech support but I'm still getting the same
> unreadable screen. Anyone else run into this problem? Any
> suggestions as to how to go about fixing it? Thanks in advance.
>
> Current list of parts
>
> Soyo P4I875 Dragon2 v1.0
> ATI Radeon 9800 XT 256mb
> Super Flower aluminum case w/350 Watt PS
> IBM/Hitachi 130GB 7200rpm serial ATA HD
> 1GB RAM (2 x 512)
>
> -beak

Should be putting mine together this weekend with a radeon AIW 9800pro 128.
If I run into the same problem will let you know.

Tim

"mrbeak" <mrbeak@lakedalelink.net> wrote in message
> Bought a brand new set of components. Display is showin up as blocky
> lines on boot up. Used a different video board to install a base
> win2k OS and flash the bios. I verified that the Radeon works on one
> of my older machines so it's not the vid board. Flashing the BIOS was
> suggested by ATI tech support but I'm still getting the same
> unreadable screen. Anyone else run into this problem? Any
> suggestions as to how to go about fixing it? Thanks in advance.
>
> Current list of parts
>
> Soyo P4I875 Dragon2 v1.0
> ATI Radeon 9800 XT 256mb
> Super Flower aluminum case w/350 Watt PS
> IBM/Hitachi 130GB 7200rpm serial ATA HD
> 1GB RAM (2 x 512)
>
> -beak

Beak

Got mine installed now and no problems with 9800AIW videocard. I also have a
Antec case with true 430watt power supply. I think this might be the best
motherboard I have ever used. Soyo could have done a better job with the
documentation though.

Tim