BIOS program

I have Soyo KT400 Dragon Ultra, the bios failed and I need a new chip. Is
there a contact email for Soyo so I can order a new chip?

RF

jeff

Below is their address and the list of email contacts on their
website.

SOYO GROUP INC.
1420 S. Vintage Ave.
Ontario, CA 91761
Tel: 909-292-2500
Fax: 909-937-0783
Email: Sales@soyousa.com (OEM/Channel Sales)
Email: Marketing@soyousa.com (Marketing)
Email: PR@soyousa.com (Press/Public Relations)
Email: Investor@soyousa.com (Investor Relations)

This is a cut & paste off their website...

Article Number S1184

After flashing the BIOS, my system will not boot-up
1. Please clear the CMOS memory by momentarily shorting the pin 2-3 of
JP5 jumper.
2. Next, press and hold on the "insert" or "Ins" key on the keyboard
and then turn on the system.
3. If it is still not working, the BIOS chip could be defective due to
unsuccessful flash, please contact your nearest Soyo branch for
re-flashing."

If no luck there then this may be an option...

http://bioschips.nlan.org/

"Rick Flair" <lickmyballs@home.com> wrote in message news:<zPZDc.591552$Ar.201944@twister01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com>...
> I have Soyo KT400 Dragon Ultra, the bios failed and I need a new chip. Is
> there a contact email for Soyo so I can order a new chip?
>
> RF

"Rick Flair" <lickmyballs@home.com> wrote in message news:<zPZDc.591552$Ar.201944@twister01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com>...

You can buy them from Soyo through there web site. But you can buy
them from other sorces as well. These other sorces will program the
chip with what ever BIOS revision you request, Soyo only will supply
you with the latest BIOS revision for your motherboard.

If you scan through this newsgroup you will find ads from ICE for BIOS
chips and you can also go to www.badflash.com and get them there as
well. Both ICE and Badflash will also reprogram your chip which is
cheaper then buying a new one. But reprograming will keep your
computer down longer while you wait on shipping the chip to them and
for its return. Buying a new one will be quicker.

> I have Soyo KT400 Dragon Ultra, the bios failed and I need a new chip. Is
> there a contact email for Soyo so I can order a new chip?
>
> RF

If you are sure you have a bad flash, then I feel for you. I thought
I had the same, but the following got me back up and running:

unplug PC
remove CMOS battery
short 2-3 to clear
remove every PCI card
let sit for a few minutes
move jumper to 1-2
install battery
plug up PC
boot with no cards (and hence, no video)
this got me beeps (no beeps before)
video card back in, now have video and BIOS :)
put cards back in one by one.

I tried soyo's response of shorting 2-3 with no luck. Only after I
removed every card in the thing, did I get beeps at startup.

VV