SY-P4I Fire Dragon CPU Upgrade

I noticed that Intel has both a 2.6 and 2.8 GHz P4 with a 400 MHz FSB. The
Fire Dragon documentation says it is limited to 2.4 GHz which was the
fastest CPU at 400 MHz FSB way back in the day. My question: is there any
reason that the 2.6 or 2.8 GHz cpus would not work on the Fire Dragon...even
if the bios does recognize them 100%.

I was going to purchase a 2.4 GHz cpu to replace my 2.0A but 2.8 GHz sounds
like a much better deal to me.

This is what Soyo Tech Support says: "Officially the motherboard can
support up to 2.4Ghz 400MHz FSB only. This is a limitation of the Chipset
and it can never be altered. So we suggest you to use another processor
because we cannot assure you the stability of the system using this kind of
cpu."

Thanks,

Brad

"BigSky" <bmartin84@cox.net> wrote in message news:<gLgFc.12624$Qj6.6080@fed1read05>...

You are not going to be able to see any difference in the operation of
your system from 2.4 to 2.8 it's not that big of change. With out the
proper multiplyer setting it's not going to take advantage of the
slight difference anyway. Stick with the 2.4 and save the money,
better yet don't even buy the 2.4 save the money up and by a new
motherboard that can use the 800Mhz CPU's and then get one of those.