SY-K7V and XP2000+ won't boot

I have a Soyo Dragon Plus SY-K7V and have been using an XP1800+ chip for
some time. I ran across a XP2000+ chip for dirt cheap (new retail sealed in
box) and the board won't boot with that chip.

Any idea's what may be the problem? I tried flashing to the latest bios.

--

Thanks...
Tommy

"T.M." <tm@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<51YGc.19120$mY2.1615@fe1.texas.rr.com>...
> I have a Soyo Dragon Plus SY-K7V and have been using an XP1800+ chip for
> some time. I ran across a XP2000+ chip for dirt cheap (new retail sealed in
> box) and the board won't boot with that chip.
>
> Any idea's what may be the problem? I tried flashing to the latest bios.

The old Dragon Plus boards only work with the Tbird/Palomino core cpu chips.
Your 2000+ is probably one of the later Tbred or Thorton core chips; they don't
work.