How to boot back to Windows from Caldera Dr-dos

Help please!

the neighbor's kids have been toying with my computer, and now it only boot
up with Caldera dos. how can i get rid of it and boot back to windows?

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

"wang" <wang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Help please!
>
> the neighbor's kids have been toying with my computer, and now it only
> boot
> up with Caldera dos. how can i get rid of it and boot back to windows?

Remove the diskette from the floppy drive.

"Vanguard" wrote:

> "wang" <wang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Help please!
> >
> > the neighbor's kids have been toying with my computer, and now it only
> > boot
> > up with Caldera dos. how can i get rid of it and boot back to windows?
> >

> Remove the diskette from the floppy drive.

there is no diskette. I tried to reformat, but caldera has taken
over_everytime i power-up i get caldera dos

Remove the floppy disk!

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"wang" <wang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Help please!
>
> the neighbor's kids have been toying with my computer, and now it only
> boot
> up with Caldera dos. how can i get rid of it and boot back to windows?

"wang" <wang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Help please!
>
> the neighbor's kids have been toying with my computer, and now it only
boot
> up with Caldera dos. how can i get rid of it and boot back to windows?

Try this for starters:
- Get a large dog to guard your PC.
- Boot the machine with your WinXP CD.
- Boot it into the Recovery Console.
- Run these commands:
fixboot
fixmbr

"wang" wrote:

> "Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:
>

> > "wang" <wang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Help please!
> > >
> > > the neighbor's kids have been toying with my computer, and now it only
> > boot
> > > up with Caldera dos. how can i get rid of it and boot back to windows?
> >
> > Try this for starters:
> > - Get a large dog to guard your PC.
> > - Boot the machine with your WinXP CD.
> > - Boot it into the Recovery Console.
> > - Run these commands:
> > fixboot
> > fixmbr
> >

> > caldera has completely taken over_it just bypass all drives hence the cd can not be read

out of panic mode_ somehow, it's back to normal without having to do
anything except time; i let it sit for about 15 mins before i power up___weird

> "wang" wrote:
>

> > "Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:
> >

> > > "wang" <wang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > > boot
> > >
> > > Try this for starters:
> > > - Get a large dog to guard your PC.
> > > - Boot the machine with your WinXP CD.
> > > - Boot it into the Recovery Console.
> > > - Run these commands:
> > > fixboot
> > > fixmbr
> > >

> > > caldera has completely taken over_it just bypass all drives hence the
cd can not be read

> out of panic mode_ somehow, it's back to normal without having to do
> anything except time; i let it sit for about 15 mins before i power
up___weird

Great!

For your information: Caldera, or any other OS for that, ***cannot***
take over everything. It cannot bypass the BIOS boot to CD, provided
that you remember to set your BIOS boot sequence accordingly.