  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
July 13, 2004 12:53:56 PM

I have an Athlon XP that has worked well for past two years with Corsair
XMS PC2700 RAM even though the Via KT266A chipset officially supports
only PC1600&2100 RAM.
I get frequent lockups in Flight Simulatro games, and One forum
participant said it was because of my "unsupported memory".
Is anyone using this memory successfully in this chipset?

Thanks,

Jorge

More about : pc2700 support soyo k7v dragon

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 16, 2004 8:19:31 AM

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 08:53:56 GMT, "Jorge E. Ravelo" <jorge@ravelo.org>
wrote:

>I have an Athlon XP that has worked well for past two years with Corsair
>XMS PC2700 RAM even though the Via KT266A chipset officially supports
>only PC1600&2100 RAM.
>I get frequent lockups in Flight Simulatro games, and One forum
>participant said it was because of my "unsupported memory".
>Is anyone using this memory successfully in this chipset?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jorge

The memory is backwards compatible so that's not your problem. It's
just capable of faster speeds than you are using it for. It's kinda
like underclocking a 2Ghz processor to run at 1.5Ghz. It'll do it
just fine, but can go faster.

--
Cravin
Anonymous

Jorge E. Ravelo typed:

> I have an Athlon XP that has worked well for past two years with
> Corsair XMS PC2700 RAM even though the Via KT266A chipset officially
> supports only PC1600&2100 RAM.
> I get frequent lockups in Flight Simulatro games, and One forum
> participant said it was because of my "unsupported memory".
> Is anyone using this memory successfully in this chipset?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jorge

Regarding it's old mobo, it can be that caps are leaking, so maybe you
should check out them.
July 31, 2004 11:03:25 AM

I am running a combination of 2700 and 3200 in mine and it works
great(1GB). Mine is crucial.
Mind you, regardless of what the speed is, it will only run at
pc1600, unless you overclock a tad.
!