Fasttrak100 Lite Drivers....new ones

Where can I get them? The ones from soyousa.com and soyo.com.tw are
old and do not work. I have tried every version I can find on the
net. The fasttrak bios recognizes my 320gig stripe (2 160's), but in
winXP, depending on which fasttrack driver I install from the floppy,
it shows 265 - 305. None of them will format a partition, it just
hangs. It won't install to a pre-formatted partition either.

thanks!

Jason

VetteVert@hotmail.com (Grubb) wrote in message news:<1ac1a05e.0407150935.2a4ca130@posting.google.com>...

It would help if you gave more information on the system with your question.
When you updated the drivers did you install a new BIOS for your motherboard?

> Where can I get them? The ones from soyousa.com and soyo.com.tw are
> old and do not work. I have tried every version I can find on the
> net. The fasttrak bios recognizes my 320gig stripe (2 160's), but in
> winXP, depending on which fasttrack driver I install from the floppy,
> it shows 265 - 305. None of them will format a partition, it just
> hangs. It won't install to a pre-formatted partition either.
>
> thanks!
>
> Jason

XP 1900+ on a k7v dragon+
BA7 BIOS flashed. This updated the promise fasttrak100 lite
controller as well. I assumed that is why my previous winXP drivers
didn't work, but none of them I can find (usually around version
2.0.B18) will work. The promise bios can see both drives in full
capacity, and assign a raid0 array for 320g. My format utility that
came with the drives can then sees a single 320g drive, and can
partition and format it. If I install winXP to a preformatted
partition (less than 137g), it just hangs when copying files (at 0 or
1%). It never sees it as 320g. Anything else be of help?

thanks,

Jason

j.burghdoff@sbcglobal.net (Jim B.) wrote in message news:<a182f0ed.0407160510.3e1cd962@posting.google.com>...
> VetteVert@hotmail.com (Grubb) wrote in message news:<1ac1a05e.0407150935.2a4ca130@posting.google.com>...
>
> It would help if you gave more information on the system with your question.
> When you updated the drivers did you install a new BIOS for your motherboard?
>
> > Where can I get them? The ones from soyousa.com and soyo.com.tw are
> > old and do not work. I have tried every version I can find on the
> > net. The fasttrak bios recognizes my 320gig stripe (2 160's), but in
> > winXP, depending on which fasttrack driver I install from the floppy,
> > it shows 265 - 305. None of them will format a partition, it just
> > hangs. It won't install to a pre-formatted partition either.
> >
> > thanks!
> >
> > Jason

XP 1900+, K7V Dragon+
Bios version BA7
Promise bios recognizes both drives and makes a raid0 320g drive.

j.burghdoff@sbcglobal.net (Jim B.) wrote in message news:<a182f0ed.0407160510.3e1cd962@posting.google.com>...
> VetteVert@hotmail.com (Grubb) wrote in message news:<1ac1a05e.0407150935.2a4ca130@posting.google.com>...
>
> It would help if you gave more information on the system with your question.
> When you updated the drivers did you install a new BIOS for your motherboard?
>
> > Where can I get them? The ones from soyousa.com and soyo.com.tw are
> > old and do not work. I have tried every version I can find on the
> > net. The fasttrak bios recognizes my 320gig stripe (2 160's), but in
> > winXP, depending on which fasttrack driver I install from the floppy,
> > it shows 265 - 305. None of them will format a partition, it just
> > hangs. It won't install to a pre-formatted partition either.
> >
> > thanks!
> >
> > Jason

Yes that is why your previous WinXP driver didn't work. Now if the RAID-0
array is reconized by the controller and you have the new driver on a floppy
disk for use during the setup of WinXP why haven't you just used the
partitioning and formatting functions that come with WinXP's setup program.

One of the possible problems your having could be that WinXP likes drives
larger then 20gig to be formatted using NTFS and most likely your formatting
utility that came with the drives formats in FAT-32.

"Grubb" <VetteVert@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> XP 1900+ on a k7v dragon+
> BA7 BIOS flashed. This updated the promise fasttrak100 lite
> controller as well. I assumed that is why my previous winXP drivers
> didn't work, but none of them I can find (usually around version
> 2.0.B18) will work. The promise bios can see both drives in full
> capacity, and assign a raid0 array for 320g. My format utility that
> came with the drives can then sees a single 320g drive, and can
> partition and format it. If I install winXP to a preformatted
> partition (less than 137g), it just hangs when copying files (at 0 or
> 1%). It never sees it as 320g. Anything else be of help?
>
> thanks,
>
> Jason
>
> j.burghdoff@sbcglobal.net (Jim B.) wrote in message
> > VetteVert@hotmail.com (Grubb) wrote in message
> >
> > It would help if you gave more information on the system with your
question.
> > When you updated the drivers did you install a new BIOS for your
motherboard?

> > > Where can I get them? The ones from soyousa.com and soyo.com.tw are
> > > old and do not work. I have tried every version I can find on the
> > > net. The fasttrak bios recognizes my 320gig stripe (2 160's), but in
> > > winXP, depending on which fasttrack driver I install from the floppy,
> > > it shows 265 - 305. None of them will format a partition, it just
> > > hangs. It won't install to a pre-formatted partition either.
> > >
> > > thanks!
> > >
> > > Jason

I of course am using NTFS ;)

I don't have "the new driver", that is what I'm asking for. I've
tried letting WinXP create the partition, format it, and every
combination I can think of. I'm just assuming since on the winxp
partition screen in setup it sees the drive size wrong, that is why it
cannot write to it. If I do a quick format, it hangs at 20%. If I do
a full format, it hangs at 100%. It will create a partition fine, but
like I said, doesn't see the full capacity of the drive.

How do I know what the current winXP fasttrak drivers are?

thanks,

Jason

"Jim B." <jburghdoff@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<KHQKc.38907$eH1.18528308@newssvr28.news.prodigy.com>...
> Yes that is why your previous WinXP driver didn't work. Now if the RAID-0
> array is reconized by the controller and you have the new driver on a floppy
> disk for use during the setup of WinXP why haven't you just used the
> partitioning and formatting functions that come with WinXP's setup program.
>
> One of the possible problems your having could be that WinXP likes drives
> larger then 20gig to be formatted using NTFS and most likely your formatting
> utility that came with the drives formats in FAT-32.
>

> "Grubb" <VetteVert@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > XP 1900+ on a k7v dragon+
> > BA7 BIOS flashed. This updated the promise fasttrak100 lite
> > controller as well. I assumed that is why my previous winXP drivers
> > didn't work, but none of them I can find (usually around version
> > 2.0.B18) will work. The promise bios can see both drives in full
> > capacity, and assign a raid0 array for 320g. My format utility that
> > came with the drives can then sees a single 320g drive, and can
> > partition and format it. If I install winXP to a preformatted
> > partition (less than 137g), it just hangs when copying files (at 0 or
> > 1%). It never sees it as 320g. Anything else be of help?
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > Jason
> >
> > j.burghdoff@sbcglobal.net (Jim B.) wrote in message
> > > VetteVert@hotmail.com (Grubb) wrote in message
> > >
> > > It would help if you gave more information on the system with your
> question.
> > > When you updated the drivers did you install a new BIOS for your
> motherboard?

I also have a Soyo k7v dragon+ motherboard and 2x80GB (which gives
more than 137GB) and would like to flash my bios, but the page which
contains the bios file is under construction. If someone has the
driver or an alternative link, would you mind sending the file or the
link?