LCD Screen goes black momentarily in KT600 Plus

Have noticed that, with WinXP (SP1 and all latest patches), the screen
will
sometimes go black for a second, then the desktop (or, whatever I'm
using)
comes back.

It usualy happenes surfing the net, or scrolling a window. No computer
reboots, no errors reported thru vpu. Very strange, i cant figure it
out.

Any idea what's causing this?

I removed the ATI drivers and re-installed to the last 4.7 version
drivers and stills happens, maybe is a memory or voltage problem in
the SOYO KT600 Plus Mobo AGP Slot or Windows XP is buggin me.

I am not overclocking the ATI RADEON 8500 Card and using a Dell 18FP
LCD monitor with the drivers. I don't have idea where start...

TRADE
1 answer Last reply
More about screen black momentarily kt600 plus
  1. Quote:

    Have noticed that, with WinXP (SP1 and all latest patches), the screen
    will
    sometimes go black for a second, then the desktop (or, whatever I'm
    using)
    comes back.

    It usualy happenes surfing the net, or scrolling a window. No computer
    reboots, no errors reported thru vpu. Very strange, i cant figure it
    out.

    Any idea what's causing this?

    I removed the ATI drivers and re-installed to the last 4.7 version
    drivers and stills happens, maybe is a memory or voltage problem in
    the SOYO KT600 Plus Mobo AGP Slot or Windows XP is buggin me.

    I am not overclocking the ATI RADEON 8500 Card and using a Dell 18FP
    LCD monitor with the drivers. I don't have idea where start...

    TRADE

    Same problem. I have a multiboot computer and it happens in Win 7and Win XP but not Linux Fedora 13 so far. I have a new Asus PA246 monitor and a new Sapphire HD4550 graphics card and the latest drivers. It is not temperature related as it occurs in a 68 deg. F room as well as a 83 deg. room. It even happens with no computer activity. The screen flickers and the goes dark for a fraction of a second. No other damage done.

Drivers Motherboards