KT600 Dragon Ultra Platium

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
July 20, 2004 12:56:35 PM

Just finished building a KT600 Dragon Ultra Platium. Using Sata 1 & 2
for the hard drives and the standard IDE for my DVD Player and DVD
Writer. 1 gig Ultra 400 ram. Does anyone have the 'ultimate' settings
for the BIOS? Thanks

Ken
July 20, 2004 6:25:44 PM

KRSMITH <krspackers@charter.net> wrote in message news:<10fq94dl73ot9a3@corp.supernews.com>...
> Just finished building a KT600 Dragon Ultra Platium. Using Sata 1 & 2
> for the hard drives and the standard IDE for my DVD Player and DVD
> Writer. 1 gig Ultra 400 ram. Does anyone have the 'ultimate' settings
> for the BIOS? Thanks
>
> Ken

Leave most at default. Set the memory settings per the manufacturer of
the sticks. Enable only what you need. Disable fast writes, all
shadowing except video bios.
Dave
July 20, 2004 6:25:50 PM

KRSMITH <krspackers@charter.net> wrote in message news:<10fq94dl73ot9a3@corp.supernews.com>...
> Just finished building a KT600 Dragon Ultra Platium. Using Sata 1 & 2
> for the hard drives and the standard IDE for my DVD Player and DVD
> Writer. 1 gig Ultra 400 ram. Does anyone have the 'ultimate' settings
> for the BIOS? Thanks
>
> Ken

Leave most at default. Set the memory settings per the manufacturer of
the sticks. Enable only what you need. Disable fast writes, all
shadowing except video bios.
Dave
Related resources
July 20, 2004 6:25:57 PM

KRSMITH <krspackers@charter.net> wrote in message news:<10fq94dl73ot9a3@corp.supernews.com>...
> Just finished building a KT600 Dragon Ultra Platium. Using Sata 1 & 2
> for the hard drives and the standard IDE for my DVD Player and DVD
> Writer. 1 gig Ultra 400 ram. Does anyone have the 'ultimate' settings
> for the BIOS? Thanks
>
> Ken

Leave most at default. Set the memory settings per the manufacturer of
the sticks. Enable only what you need. Disable fast writes, all
shadowing except video bios.
Dave
July 20, 2004 11:41:40 PM

Why do you disable fast rights?

"dave" <dvnj@msn.com> wrote in message
> KRSMITH <krspackers@charter.net> wrote in message
> > Just finished building a KT600 Dragon Ultra Platium. Using Sata 1 & 2
> > for the hard drives and the standard IDE for my DVD Player and DVD
> > Writer. 1 gig Ultra 400 ram. Does anyone have the 'ultimate' settings
> > for the BIOS? Thanks
> >
> > Ken
>
> Leave most at default. Set the memory settings per the manufacturer of
> the sticks. Enable only what you need. Disable fast writes, all
> shadowing except video bios.
> Dave
July 21, 2004 7:49:29 PM

"Brent" <carsonbm@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<H56dnZw8Zd8pMGDdRVn-ug@adelphia.com>...
> Why do you disable fast rights?
>

> "dave" <dvnj@msn.com> wrote in message
> > KRSMITH <krspackers@charter.net> wrote in message
> > > Just finished building a KT600 Dragon Ultra Platium. Using Sata 1 & 2
> > > for the hard drives and the standard IDE for my DVD Player and DVD
> > > Writer. 1 gig Ultra 400 ram. Does anyone have the 'ultimate' settings
> > > for the BIOS? Thanks
> > >
> > > Ken
> >
> > Leave most at default. Set the memory settings per the manufacturer of
> > the sticks. Enable only what you need. Disable fast writes, all
> > shadowing except video bios.
> > Dave

Alot of chipsets do not handle it correctly, Once everything is stable
,turn it on. If all stays stable, great.
Dave
!