KT600 Dragon Ultra Platium

Just finished building a KT600 Dragon Ultra Platium. Using Sata 1 & 2
for the hard drives and the standard IDE for my DVD Player and DVD
Writer. 1 gig Ultra 400 ram. Does anyone have the 'ultimate' settings
for the BIOS? Thanks

Ken
5 answers Last reply
More about kt600 dragon ultra platium

    KRSMITH <krspackers@charter.net> wrote in message news:<10fq94dl73ot9a3@corp.supernews.com>...
    > Just finished building a KT600 Dragon Ultra Platium. Using Sata 1 & 2
    > for the hard drives and the standard IDE for my DVD Player and DVD
    > Writer. 1 gig Ultra 400 ram. Does anyone have the 'ultimate' settings
    > for the BIOS? Thanks
    >
    > Ken

    Leave most at default. Set the memory settings per the manufacturer of
    the sticks. Enable only what you need. Disable fast writes, all
    shadowing except video bios.
    Dave
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    KRSMITH <krspackers@charter.net> wrote in message news:<10fq94dl73ot9a3@corp.supernews.com>...
    > Just finished building a KT600 Dragon Ultra Platium. Using Sata 1 & 2
    > for the hard drives and the standard IDE for my DVD Player and DVD
    > Writer. 1 gig Ultra 400 ram. Does anyone have the 'ultimate' settings
    > for the BIOS? Thanks
    >
    > Ken

    Leave most at default. Set the memory settings per the manufacturer of
    the sticks. Enable only what you need. Disable fast writes, all
    shadowing except video bios.
    Dave
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    KRSMITH <krspackers@charter.net> wrote in message news:<10fq94dl73ot9a3@corp.supernews.com>...
    > Just finished building a KT600 Dragon Ultra Platium. Using Sata 1 & 2
    > for the hard drives and the standard IDE for my DVD Player and DVD
    > Writer. 1 gig Ultra 400 ram. Does anyone have the 'ultimate' settings
    > for the BIOS? Thanks
    >
    > Ken

    Leave most at default. Set the memory settings per the manufacturer of
    the sticks. Enable only what you need. Disable fast writes, all
    shadowing except video bios.
    Dave
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    Why do you disable fast rights?

    "dave" <dvnj@msn.com> wrote in message
    > KRSMITH <krspackers@charter.net> wrote in message
    > > Just finished building a KT600 Dragon Ultra Platium. Using Sata 1 & 2
    > > for the hard drives and the standard IDE for my DVD Player and DVD
    > > Writer. 1 gig Ultra 400 ram. Does anyone have the 'ultimate' settings
    > > for the BIOS? Thanks
    > >
    > > Ken
    >
    > Leave most at default. Set the memory settings per the manufacturer of
    > the sticks. Enable only what you need. Disable fast writes, all
    > shadowing except video bios.
    > Dave
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    "Brent" <carsonbm@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<H56dnZw8Zd8pMGDdRVn-ug@adelphia.com>...
    > Why do you disable fast rights?
    >

    > "dave" <dvnj@msn.com> wrote in message
    > > KRSMITH <krspackers@charter.net> wrote in message
    > > > Just finished building a KT600 Dragon Ultra Platium. Using Sata 1 & 2
    > > > for the hard drives and the standard IDE for my DVD Player and DVD
    > > > Writer. 1 gig Ultra 400 ram. Does anyone have the 'ultimate' settings
    > > > for the BIOS? Thanks
    > > >
    > > > Ken
    > >
    > > Leave most at default. Set the memory settings per the manufacturer of
    > > the sticks. Enable only what you need. Disable fast writes, all
    > > shadowing except video bios.
    > > Dave

    Alot of chipsets do not handle it correctly, Once everything is stable
    ,turn it on. If all stays stable, great.
    Dave

Motherboards