  • CD-Rom
  • Windows XP
a b α HP
May 5, 2005 3:19:55 PM

I'm trying to fix the problem with my HP Pavillion 751.

It has a drive D dvd and a drive E CD Rom.

When I put a disk in it gives a message: "please insert a disk in Drive E"
(doesn't detect it)

I'm working through a support article from HP. Previously I tried a step
where you uninstall the driver and delete some entries from the registry and
then start it up again to let it redetect.

Click the plus sign (+) next to the following items in the listed order:

§ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

§ SYSTEM

§ CurrentControlSet (or the current control set with lowest number if
that is all that is listed)

§ Control

§ Class

Select 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318.

[There are 3 subfolders here 0000> Digital Audio, 0001 > DigitalAudio (has
same data) and Properties]

It lists DVD/CD Rom drive and below CDRom drive in the right window

e. Select UpperFilter in the right window and press the Delete key.

Confirm the deletion by clicking Yes.

(can't see any Upper filter)

f. Select LowerFilters in the right window and press the Delete key.

It lists "LowerFilters" > pxhelp 20 mxlW2k (not sure if that's what they
are talking about)

Confirm the deletion by clicking Yes.

g. Close the registry editor, restart the computer, and
wait until Windows configures the necessary drivers for new hardware

I looked in BIOS

Primary Master: Samsung SV8004H

Primary Slave [None]

Secondary Master [HP]

Secondary Master Samsung CD Rom

Thanks for your help

John

More about : rom drive problem registry bios

Anonymous
a b α HP
May 5, 2005 3:19:56 PM

Actually thats not correct,youre area in regedit needs to
be:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
software/microsoft/windows/set-up then open source path.The letter listed for
the cdrom probably is diffrent then whats listed it as in my
computer,L.click on
the hardware,go to edit,modify,change to correct letter as it shows in my
computer
then close out regedit.

"John H" wrote:

> I'm trying to fix the problem with my HP Pavillion 751.
>
> It has a drive D dvd and a drive E CD Rom.
>
> When I put a disk in it gives a message: "please insert a disk in Drive E"
> (doesn't detect it)
>
> I'm working through a support article from HP. Previously I tried a step
> where you uninstall the driver and delete some entries from the registry and
> then start it up again to let it redetect.
>
> Click the plus sign (+) next to the following items in the listed order:
>
> § HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
>
> § SYSTEM
>
> § CurrentControlSet (or the current control set with lowest number if
> that is all that is listed)
>
> § Control
>
> § Class
>
> Select 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318.
>
> [There are 3 subfolders here 0000> Digital Audio, 0001 > DigitalAudio (has
> same data) and Properties]
>
> It lists DVD/CD Rom drive and below CDRom drive in the right window
>
> e. Select UpperFilter in the right window and press the Delete key.
>
> Confirm the deletion by clicking Yes.
>
> (can't see any Upper filter)
>
> f. Select LowerFilters in the right window and press the Delete key.
>
> It lists "LowerFilters" > pxhelp 20 mxlW2k (not sure if that's what they
> are talking about)
>
> Confirm the deletion by clicking Yes.
>

> g. Close the registry editor, restart the computer, and
> wait until Windows configures the necessary drivers for new hardware
>

> I looked in BIOS
>
> Primary Master: Samsung SV8004H
>
> Primary Slave [None]
>
> Secondary Master [HP]
>
> Secondary Master Samsung CD Rom
>

> Thanks for your help
>
> John

Anonymous
a b α HP
May 5, 2005 7:23:17 PM

I have found HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE software/microsoft/windows/current
version/setup
It has a CDInstall Reg D Word 0000etc (0)
Source path is C:\Windows\1386?
Thanks
John

!