check motherboard

Is there a way to check the motherboard for a SY-K7V Dragon? I can't get it
to bootup. I installed a DVD recorder and everything work. I moved some IDE
cables around to try to get the RAID to work and nothing happened. I moved
them back where they were and it still doesn't work. Is it possible i
shorted the board out or something?
I guess i could try the drives in another computer and see what works by the
process of elimination.
Thanks for the help....tcoop

--
Please remove the no spam from my email address and replace with bellsouth
to reply by email.....Thanks

    With the drives on the non-raid ide ports, do you see the drives in the main
    bios? When you put them on the Raid ide ports, had you already installed the
    Raid drivers? In the boot selection did you change the preference to Raid or
    SCSI depending on what name your board calls the drives that are on the Raid
    ports?

    Frank Howell

    Frank Howell
    "Tom" <c_tom@nospam.net> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to check the motherboard for a SY-K7V Dragon? I can't get
    it
    > to bootup. I installed a DVD recorder and everything work. I moved some
    IDE
    > cables around to try to get the RAID to work and nothing happened. I moved
    > them back where they were and it still doesn't work. Is it possible i
    > shorted the board out or something?
    > I guess i could try the drives in another computer and see what works by
    the
    > process of elimination.
    > Thanks for the help....tcoop
    >
    > --
    > Please remove the no spam from my email address and replace with bellsouth
    > to reply by email.....Thanks

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    > With the drives on the non-raid ide ports, do you see the drives in the
    main
    > bios?
    With the DVD on the end of a ribbon cable and plugged into IDE1 it shows up
    as the IDE Primary Master.
    I have the C drive on the end of a cable with the second drive connected to
    it in the middle. It is connected to IDE2. The DVD and both drives are
    showing up in the BIOS..
    How should the boot sequence be, is this correct?

    >When you put them on the Raid ide ports, had you already installed the
    > Raid drivers?
    No the drivers were not installed and it did not boot up. I put the
    connectors back on IDE1 and IDE2 and it booted up.
    The drivers installed are
    Windows XP Promise ULTRA 100 IDE controller, but yet it says it isn;t
    installed
    Also XMASSCSI SCSI Controller is installed.

    >In the boot selection did you change the preference to Raid or
    >SCSI depending on what name your board calls the drives that are on the
    Raid
    ports?
    Yes the preferrences were set in this boot order. RAID/ATA/SCSI I changed it
    to SCSI/RAID/ATA but even after saving the settings it goes back to
    RAID/ATA/SCSI, also when it boots up it says ULTRA100 bios not found because
    no drivers were installed
    ..The onboard Promise IDE Raid controller is enabled.

    I down loaded the XP drivers for this board but can't get them installed.
    It is working now, maybe I should leave it alone. I thought i could improve
    the speed and performance.
    I may need to read up on RAID, do you any informative sites?
    Thanks for the help, tcoop

    "Frank Howell" <fphowell@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > With the drives on the non-raid ide ports, do you see the drives in the
    main
    > bios? When you put them on the Raid ide ports, had you already installed
    the
    > Raid drivers? In the boot selection did you change the preference to Raid
    or
    > SCSI depending on what name your board calls the drives that are on the
    Raid
    > ports?
    >
    > Frank Howell
    >
    > Frank Howell
    > "Tom" <c_tom@nospam.net> wrote in message
    > > Is there a way to check the motherboard for a SY-K7V Dragon? I can't get
    > it
    > > to bootup. I installed a DVD recorder and everything work. I moved some
    > IDE
    > > cables around to try to get the RAID to work and nothing happened. I
    moved
    > > them back where they were and it still doesn't work. Is it possible i
    > > shorted the board out or something?
    > > I guess i could try the drives in another computer and see what works by
    > the
    > > process of elimination.
    > > Thanks for the help....tcoop
    > >
    > > --
    > > Please remove the no spam from my email address and replace with
    bellsouth
    > > to reply by email.....Thanks

  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    > > With the drives on the non-raid ide ports, do you see the drives in the
    > main
    > > bios?
    > With the DVD on the end of a ribbon cable and plugged into IDE1 it shows
    up
    > as the IDE Primary Master.
    > I have the C drive on the end of a cable with the second drive connected
    > it in the middle. It is connected to IDE2. The DVD and both drives are
    > showing up in the BIOS..
    > How should the boot sequence be, is this correct?

    First your DVD should be plugged into IDE2 and the cable with the C: drive
    should be plugged into IDE1.

    Then your boot order should be:
    1. Floppy
    2. Hard Drive
    3. Optical

    You can take the floppy out if your like. I am, my boot sequence is:
    1. Hard Drive
    2. Optical
    3. Disabled

    Now days with bootable CD drives, when your installing the operating system
    its best to have the boot order set to:
    1. Optical
    2. Hard Drive
    3. Floppy or Disabled
    Then when your system is up and running reset the first boot divice.

    If your running your primary hard drive off a RAID controller, (RAID Array
    or NOT) the boot order would be:
    1. SCSI
    2. Optical
    3. Floppy or Disabled

    Or if your loading XP on a RAID Array or Single drive off a RAID controller
    it would be:
    1. Optical
    2. SCSI
    3. Floppy

    Boot order can be set however it best suits you. But in general you should
    always keep your booting hard disk on IDE1 or to the RAID controller (IDE3)

    > >When you put them on the Raid ide ports, had you already installed the
    > > Raid drivers?
    > No the drivers were not installed and it did not boot up. I put the
    > connectors back on IDE1 and IDE2 and it booted up.
    > The drivers installed are
    > Windows XP Promise ULTRA 100 IDE controller, but yet it says it isn;t
    > installed
    > Also XMASSCSI SCSI Controller is installed.
    >
    > >In the boot selection did you change the preference to Raid or
    > >SCSI depending on what name your board calls the drives that are on the
    > Raid
    > ports?
    > Yes the preferrences were set in this boot order. RAID/ATA/SCSI I changed
    it
    > to SCSI/RAID/ATA but even after saving the settings it goes back to
    > RAID/ATA/SCSI, also when it boots up it says ULTRA100 bios not found
    because
    > no drivers were installed
    > .The onboard Promise IDE Raid controller is enabled.
    >
    > I down loaded the XP drivers for this board but can't get them installed.
    > It is working now, maybe I should leave it alone. I thought i could
    improve
    > the speed and performance.
    > I may need to read up on RAID, do you any informative sites?
    > Thanks for the help, tcoop
    >
    > "Frank Howell" <fphowell@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > > With the drives on the non-raid ide ports, do you see the drives in the
    > main
    > > bios? When you put them on the Raid ide ports, had you already installed
    > the
    > > Raid drivers? In the boot selection did you change the preference to
    Raid
    > or
    > > SCSI depending on what name your board calls the drives that are on the
    > Raid
    > > ports?
    > >
    > > Frank Howell
    > >
    > > Frank Howell
    > > "Tom" <c_tom@nospam.net> wrote in message
    > > > Is there a way to check the motherboard for a SY-K7V Dragon? I can't
    get
    > > it
    > > > to bootup. I installed a DVD recorder and everything work. I moved
    some
    > > IDE
    > > > cables around to try to get the RAID to work and nothing happened. I
    > moved
    > > > them back where they were and it still doesn't work. Is it possible i
    > > > shorted the board out or something?
    > > > I guess i could try the drives in another computer and see what works
    by
    > > the
    > > > process of elimination.
    > > > Thanks for the help....tcoop
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Please remove the no spam from my email address and replace with
    > bellsouth
    > > > to reply by email.....Thanks

Motherboards