XP2400+ temp range

I just got the Athlon XP2400+ and the hardware monitor shows the CPU temp
running between 148 and 160 degrees F. I'm using a CoolerMaster HS/fan rated
for up to XP2100+. Is this a normal temperature range for this XP2400+.

get a better heatsink, sounds like what you have is not
recommeneded ~ normal would be 38-45 C for the temp under the cpu, and
maybe 55 C on the actual cpu

DJH wrote:
> I just got the Athlon XP2400+ and the hardware monitor shows the CPU temp
> running between 148 and 160 degrees F. I'm using a CoolerMaster HS/fan rated
> for up to XP2100+. Is this a normal temperature range for this XP2400+.

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

farmuse <farmuse@bburg.net> wrote in message news:<5amNc.10513$PK5.4210@nwrddc02.gnilink.net>...
> get a better heatsink, sounds like what you have is not
> recommeneded ~ normal would be 38-45 C for the temp under the cpu, and
> maybe 55 C on the actual cpu
>

> DJH wrote:
> > I just got the Athlon XP2400+ and the hardware monitor shows the CPU temp
> > running between 148 and 160 degrees F. I'm using a CoolerMaster HS/fan rated
> > for up to XP2100+. Is this a normal temperature range for this XP2400+.

Die temp about 50 C. To get this I am using a Volcano 12 from Thermaltake.
Dave

On 27 Jul 2004 04:58:25 -0700, dvnj@msn.com (dave) wrote:

>farmuse <farmuse@bburg.net> wrote in message news:<5amNc.10513$PK5.4210@nwrddc02.gnilink.net>...
>> get a better heatsink, sounds like what you have is not
>> recommeneded ~ normal would be 38-45 C for the temp under the cpu, and
>> maybe 55 C on the actual cpu
>>

>> DJH wrote:
>> > I just got the Athlon XP2400+ and the hardware monitor shows the CPU temp
>> > running between 148 and 160 degrees F. I'm using a CoolerMaster HS/fan rated
>> > for up to XP2100+. Is this a normal temperature range for this XP2400+.
>> >

>Die temp about 50 C. To get this I am using a Volcano 12 from Thermaltake.
>Dave

Just to throw in my nickel:
Right now, with an ambient of about 73 F, AIDA32 reports:
40C(104F) motherboard, 47C(117F) CPU.
XP2400+, cooled by a Vantec CM7040.

IOW, 148-160 F is far higher than you should get. I suspect that
cooler isn't mounted correctly.
-Denny-
the curmudgeonly editor
--
"A tree is a tree - how many more do you need to look at?"
Ronald Reagan (When he was Governor of California)