XP2400+ temp range

I just got the Athlon XP2400+ and the hardware monitor shows the CPU temp
running between 148 and 160 degrees F. I'm using a CoolerMaster HS/fan rated
for up to XP2100+. Is this a normal temperature range for this XP2400+.
3 answers Last reply
More about xp2400 temp range

    get a better heatsink, sounds like what you have is not
    recommeneded ~ normal would be 38-45 C for the temp under the cpu, and
    maybe 55 C on the actual cpu

    DJH wrote:
    > I just got the Athlon XP2400+ and the hardware monitor shows the CPU temp
    > running between 148 and 160 degrees F. I'm using a CoolerMaster HS/fan rated
    > for up to XP2100+. Is this a normal temperature range for this XP2400+.

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    farmuse <farmuse@bburg.net> wrote in message news:<5amNc.10513$PK5.4210@nwrddc02.gnilink.net>...
    > get a better heatsink, sounds like what you have is not
    > recommeneded ~ normal would be 38-45 C for the temp under the cpu, and
    > maybe 55 C on the actual cpu
    >

    > DJH wrote:
    > > I just got the Athlon XP2400+ and the hardware monitor shows the CPU temp
    > > running between 148 and 160 degrees F. I'm using a CoolerMaster HS/fan rated
    > > for up to XP2100+. Is this a normal temperature range for this XP2400+.

    Die temp about 50 C. To get this I am using a Volcano 12 from Thermaltake.
    Dave
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    On 27 Jul 2004 04:58:25 -0700, dvnj@msn.com (dave) wrote:

    >farmuse <farmuse@bburg.net> wrote in message news:<5amNc.10513$PK5.4210@nwrddc02.gnilink.net>...
    >> get a better heatsink, sounds like what you have is not
    >> recommeneded ~ normal would be 38-45 C for the temp under the cpu, and
    >> maybe 55 C on the actual cpu
    >>

    >> DJH wrote:
    >> > I just got the Athlon XP2400+ and the hardware monitor shows the CPU temp
    >> > running between 148 and 160 degrees F. I'm using a CoolerMaster HS/fan rated
    >> > for up to XP2100+. Is this a normal temperature range for this XP2400+.
    >> >

    >Die temp about 50 C. To get this I am using a Volcano 12 from Thermaltake.
    >Dave

    Just to throw in my nickel:
    Right now, with an ambient of about 73 F, AIDA32 reports:
    40C(104F) motherboard, 47C(117F) CPU.
    XP2400+, cooled by a Vantec CM7040.

    IOW, 148-160 F is far higher than you should get. I suspect that
    cooler isn't mounted correctly.
    -Denny-
    the curmudgeonly editor
    --
    "A tree is a tree - how many more do you need to look at?"
    Ronald Reagan (When he was Governor of California)

Motherboards