Floppy Drive Noise on Shutdown

Hi:

I have a Sony RX860 desktop and recently when I use the floppy "A" drive
it makes a repetitive "tat."tat","tat" etc type noise on shutdown.
Everything works fine except for this noise for a few seconds that happens
on shutdown after I have used the floppy drive.

Any ideas as to cause and prevention will be appreciated.

Thanks

It's likely your antivirus program is accessing the
floppy drive, checking for viruses. This is normal.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"ColTom2" wrote:

| Hi:
|
| I have a Sony RX860 desktop and recently when I use the floppy "A" drive
| it makes a repetitive "tat."tat","tat" etc type noise on shutdown.
| Everything works fine except for this noise for a few seconds that happens
| on shutdown after I have used the floppy drive.
|
| Any ideas as to cause and prevention will be appreciated.
|
| Thanks

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0518-3, 05/04/2005
Tested on: 5/5/2005 6:49:47 PM

Hi Carey:

You are right on target!

I finally found an article at a website that recommended turning off
(Disabling) your AV at shutdown and sure enough Norton AV was causing the
problem. Luckily it only happens after I have used the "A" floppy drive and
not all the time. Just will have to remember to disable NAV etc after I have
used the "A" drive.

Thanks for your timely and accurate reply.

Tom

> It's likely your antivirus program is accessing the
> floppy drive, checking for viruses. This is normal.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "ColTom2" wrote:
>
> | Hi:
> |
> | I have a Sony RX860 desktop and recently when I use the floppy "A"
> drive
> | it makes a repetitive "tat."tat","tat" etc type noise on shutdown.
> | Everything works fine except for this noise for a few seconds that
> happens
> | on shutdown after I have used the floppy drive.
> |
> | Any ideas as to cause and prevention will be appreciated.
> |
> | Thanks
>

> ---
> Virus Database (VPS): 0518-3, 05/04/2005
> Tested on: 5/5/2005 6:49:47 PM

TRENDING THREADS