Need help with CLRMame Pro......

Nexus

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2003

I've got a fair few roms, but quite a few roms are incomplete. I've tried
running CLRMame Pro, but it's not giving the exact list of files I require.
I know I'm going wrong somewhere, can someone help me please?

TIA

Pagey

--
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

NeXuS schrieb:
> I've got a fair few roms, but quite a few roms are incomplete. I've tried
> running CLRMame Pro, but it's not giving the exact list of files I require.
> I know I'm going wrong somewhere, can someone help me please?

1) load a datfile in the profiler
2) setup the rompaths in settings
3) go to the scanner and hit scan...it will give you a detailed output
what's wrong with your sets.

btw...read its documentation.

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 21:55:06 +0100, Roman Scherzer
<romanN0Sp4Mscherzer@t-online.de> wrote:

>NeXuS schrieb:
>> I've got a fair few roms, but quite a few roms are incomplete. I've tried
>> running CLRMame Pro, but it's not giving the exact list of files I require.
>> I know I'm going wrong somewhere, can someone help me please?
>
>1) load a datfile in the profiler
>2) setup the rompaths in settings
>3) go to the scanner and hit scan...it will give you a detailed output
>what's wrong with your sets.
>
>btw...read its documentation.

blimey......documentation too
you think of everything Roman ;-)

Nexus

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2003

"Roman Scherzer" <romanN0Sp4Mscherzer@t-online.de> wrote in message
> NeXuS schrieb:
>> I've got a fair few roms, but quite a few roms are incomplete. I've
>> tried running CLRMame Pro, but it's not giving the exact list of files I
>> require. I know I'm going wrong somewhere, can someone help me please?
>
> 1) load a datfile in the profiler
> 2) setup the rompaths in settings
> 3) go to the scanner and hit scan...it will give you a detailed output
> what's wrong with your sets.

Thing is, I only want to know what's wrong with the sets I have and not the
sets i'm missing.

> btw...read its documentation.

I did, but found it slightly confusing. lol

> Thing is, I only want to know what's wrong with the sets I have and not the
> sets i'm missing.

You can disable scanner's popup function view->show all missing sets to
hide all completely missing sets or you can specify a new subset of sets
(settings->sets) if you want..not really necessary though.

"NeXuS" <Diablo@hell.org> wrote in

> Thing is, I only want to know what's wrong with the sets I have and
> not the sets i'm missing.

From the settings window, you see the drop down box? Choose 'sets' then
click on 'Avail. Games'

--
Do you want a free Gaming Console?
http://consoles.prizecube.com/?ref=12216

Peale schrieb:
> "NeXuS" <Diablo@hell.org> wrote in
>

>>Thing is, I only want to know what's wrong with the sets I have and
>>not the sets i'm missing.
>

> From the settings window, you see the drop down box? Choose 'sets' then
> click on 'Avail. Games'

Well...but that's not that clever ;) Since a) you might disable sets
which only got a wrong name and b) you have to click that button over
and over again after each time you've updated your sets.

Keeping all sets enabled and disabling scanner->popupmenu->view->show
all missing sets is the better method.