Origin PC Injects Kepler Into EON15-S and EON17-S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Captivus

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
I have to say both notebooks look awesome, the second one has a better price in comparison.
Still, the eternal question remains: Why would you buy this when you can get a desktop pc for the same price with better components? What is keeping people from doing that?
If those question have a robust answer then its ok to buy one, otherwise...IMO, i dont see the point.
How good is this Optimus Technology?
(im gonna see if i can find a good review of this GTX680M, just to see).

hoof_hearted

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]Lord Captivus[/nom]I have to say both notebooks look awesome, the second one has a better price in comparison.Still, the eternal question remains: Why would you buy this when you can get a desktop pc for the same price with better components? What is keeping people from doing that? If those question have a robust answer then its ok to buy one, otherwise...IMO, i dont see the point. How good is this Optimus Technology?(im gonna see if i can find a good review of this GTX680M, just to see).[/citation]

Several reasons:
(1) You can take it with you, whether to the mother-in-laws so you can game, while your wife plays board games, or by a friends house so you can play Diablo 3 or Starcraft in the same room.
(2) One stop shopping when you have to redo the box. All of the hardware and said drivers are accessible from the web from Dell, Alienware, Origin, etc.
(3) Space contstraints. You can play in the car, sofa, airplane, take with to the hotel when you have to go out of town for work.

halcyon

Splendid
[citation][nom]theuniquegamer[/nom]I would love to have one of these beauties if i need to sell my engagement ring.[/citation]
Forget the ring, get the laptop.

G

saving for 8 months so far, 2 more months and i can get the one i want ^^

frombehind

Honorable
Feb 18, 2012
[citation][nom]Lord Captivus[/nom]I have to say both notebooks look awesome, the second one has a better price in comparison.Still, the eternal question remains: Why would you buy this when you can get a desktop pc for the same price with better components? What is keeping people from doing that? If those question have a robust answer then its ok to buy one, otherwise...IMO, i dont see the point. How good is this Optimus Technology?(im gonna see if i can find a good review of this GTX680M, just to see).[/citation]

unfortunattely some of us dont have the luxury of "coming home" after a day at work... many people have jobs that require them to move around, or at least so much that lugging around a desktop is just not feasable.

I understand and agree with your point - a desktop IS more powerful AND a BETTER value for the money, its just that I and many other would perfer not to, or simply cant carry it around everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.