KT600 Platinum.

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
August 8, 2004 3:20:10 AM

Has any one had any problems using Western Digital hard drives?

More about : kt600 platinum

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 10, 2004 4:20:16 PM

I have had the M/B turn on from 'Stanby" with no apperent reason. I
also am asking if more than two 'slots' of 400 memory can be used! ?????

Brent wrote:
> Has any one had any problems using Western Digital hard drives?

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 10, 2004 7:27:22 PM

KRSMITH <krspackers@charter.net> wrote in message news:<10hi0ubmotf7j64@corp.supernews.com>...
> I have had the M/B turn on from 'Stanby" with no apperent reason. I
> also am asking if more than two 'slots' of 400 memory can be used! ?????
>
> Brent wrote:
> > Has any one had any problems using Western Digital hard drives?

No problems with 40 and 80 gig (8meg cache) WD drives.

Only 2 DDR333/400 memory sticks are allowed in the KT600 series boards.
These 2 memory sticks should be placed in slots 1 and 3.
You can only have all 3 memory slots filled if using DDR266 memory. Take
a look at support article #S1073 at the Soyo site for more info.
If you don't want the board to wakeup from standby mode, go into the
"Power Management" bios screen and turn it off. There are several "wake from"
settings in there.

Andy
a b V Motherboard
August 11, 2004 8:17:16 PM

Thank you Andy, Very nice of you to get back to me and it does make
sense, however, I wish they made it clearer in there advertisement. I do
have 2 500 meg in slots 1 & 2. Seams to run great. Why is 1 & 3 better ?

Ken

acajka wrote:
> KRSMITH <krspackers@charter.net> wrote in message news:<10hi0ubmotf7j64@corp.supernews.com>...
>
>>I have had the M/B turn on from 'Stanby" with no apperent reason. I
>>also am asking if more than two 'slots' of 400 memory can be used! ?????
>>
>>Brent wrote:
>>
>>>Has any one had any problems using Western Digital hard drives?
>>>

> No problems with 40 and 80 gig (8meg cache) WD drives.
>

> Only 2 DDR333/400 memory sticks are allowed in the KT600 series boards.
> These 2 memory sticks should be placed in slots 1 and 3.
> You can only have all 3 memory slots filled if using DDR266 memory. Take
> a look at support article #S1073 at the Soyo site for more info.
> If you don't want the board to wakeup from standby mode, go into the
> "Power Management" bios screen and turn it off. There are several "wake from"
> settings in there.
>

> Andy
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 12, 2004 6:49:39 PM

KRSMITH <krspackers@charter.net> wrote in message news:<10hl36n395n1100@corp.supernews.com>...
> Thank you Andy, Very nice of you to get back to me and it does make
> sense, however, I wish they made it clearer in there advertisement. I do
> have 2 500 meg in slots 1 & 2. Seams to run great. Why is 1 & 3 better ?
>
> Ken

Slots 1 and 2 share the same address lines with DDR400. Slot #3 is all
by itself. With some brands of DDR400 ram, using slots 1 and 2 causes
timing problems. This is not a Soyo problem, rather it's a VIA chipset
limitation.
VIA didn't reveal this info until boards were already on the market.

Andy
!