KT600 DIMM 400 mhz

Andy, thanks for your help. Would my memory work better in slots 1 & 3
instead of Slot 1 & 2 ?? Do you kno the BEST BIOS settings for that
memory. .eg 2 bank interleave, 4 bank interleave and all the other
memory settings for optimal speed ?

Thank again !

Ken
3 answers Last reply
More about kt600 dimm

    KRSMITH <krspackers@charter.net> wrote in message news:<10hmt93f5og6nec@corp.supernews.com>...
    > Andy, thanks for your help. Would my memory work better in slots 1 & 3
    > instead of Slot 1 & 2 ?? Do you kno the BEST BIOS settings for that
    > memory. .eg 2 bank interleave, 4 bank interleave and all the other
    > memory settings for optimal speed ?
    >
    > Thank again !
    >
    > Ken

    Slots 1 and 3 are the best stability wise. 4 bank should work OK with
    your 2 512 meg sticks. What brand memory do you have and do you know the
    timing values?

    Andy
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    acajka wrote:
    > KRSMITH <krspackers@charter.net> wrote in message news:<10hmt93f5og6nec@corp.supernews.com>...
    >
    >>Andy, thanks for your help. Would my memory work better in slots 1 & 3
    >>instead of Slot 1 & 2 ?? Do you kno the BEST BIOS settings for that
    >>memory. .eg 2 bank interleave, 4 bank interleave and all the other
    >>memory settings for optimal speed ?
    >>
    >>Thank again !
    >>
    >>Ken
    >

    > Slots 1 and 3 are the best stability wise. 4 bank should work OK with
    > your 2 512 meg sticks. What brand memory do you have and do you know the
    > timing values?
    >
    > Andy
    Andy, my memory is ULTRA PC3200 DDR 400 MHz. I will chnage from slot 2
    to slot 3. I have no idea 'what' the timing values are on my memory !

    Thank you Andy !

    Ken
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    KRSMITH <krspackers@charter.net> wrote in message news:<10hoaa74ns1sp29@corp.supernews.com>...
    > acajka wrote:
    > > KRSMITH <krspackers@charter.net> wrote in message news:<10hmt93f5og6nec@corp.supernews.com>...
    > >
    > >>Andy, thanks for your help. Would my memory work better in slots 1 & 3
    > >>instead of Slot 1 & 2 ?? Do you kno the BEST BIOS settings for that
    > >>memory. .eg 2 bank interleave, 4 bank interleave and all the other
    > >>memory settings for optimal speed ?
    > >>
    > >>Thank again !
    > >>
    > >>Ken
    > >

    > > Slots 1 and 3 are the best stability wise. 4 bank should work OK with
    > > your 2 512 meg sticks. What brand memory do you have and do you know the
    > > timing values?
    > >
    > > Andy
    > Andy, my memory is ULTRA PC3200 DDR 400 MHz. I will chnage from slot 2
    > to slot 3. I have no idea 'what' the timing values are on my memory !
    >
    > Thank you Andy !

    If you're memory doesn't have the timing values printed on the modules
    then just set the ram timing speed to SPD in the bios. The 600 board will
    read the timing info from the modules themselves and adjust accordingly.

    Andy

    > Ken

Memory DIMM Motherboards