Formatting a Floppy disk

For the life of me I can not figure out how to format a floppy disk from
Windows XP. I have looked for things over and over to help but can't seem to
find what I need. May just be one of those not as smart as u thought
moments. Thank you in advance.
--
thank you greatly tlove
4 answers Last reply

    Click MY Computer twice. Right click the Floppy icon,
    select Format

    Alternate...Start/Run format a:

    Alternate (if you need to format a non-supported floppy
    type) Start/Run cmd
    Then format /? to see the switches

    tlove wrote:

    > For the life of me I can not figure out how to format a floppy disk from
    > Windows XP. I have looked for things over and over to help but can't seem to
    > find what I need. May just be one of those not as smart as u thought
    > moments. Thank you in advance.

    When I right click on '3 1/2 Floppy (A:)' in My Computer, one of the
    menu options is 'Format...', and if I select that option it allows me to
    format a floppy disk - provided I have inserted a floppy disk in the
    floppy drive.

    I believe that's the way Windows XP is supposed to work, but if yours
    doesn't work that way perhaps you could tell us what happens instead,
    and we'll do our best to help out.

    Sunny

    "tlove" <tlove@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > For the life of me I can not figure out how to format a floppy disk from
    > Windows XP. I have looked for things over and over to help but can't seem
    > find what I need. May just be one of those not as smart as u thought
    > moments. Thank you in advance.
    > --
    > thank you greatly tlove

    On a generic level: Click Start / Help, then type

    Format floppy disk

    You will find a wealth of information under the Help menu!

    insert the floppy disk, go to my computer, right click the floppy icon and
    select "format"

    "tlove" <tlove@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > For the life of me I can not figure out how to format a floppy disk from
    > Windows XP. I have looked for things over and over to help but can't seem
    > find what I need. May just be one of those not as smart as u thought
    > moments. Thank you in advance.
    > --
    > thank you greatly tlove

Floppy Disk Formatting Windows XP