HDD from old computer configured as USB disk....how do I

get my new XP pro operating system to recognise all of the applications on
the USB drive?

I want to use my applications both at home and work and just move the USB
HDD around.

sunny

groundhog1 wrote:

> get my new XP pro operating system to recognise all of the applications on
> the USB drive?
>
> I want to use my applications both at home and work and just move the USB
> HDD around.

You can't, for the reasons Richard and Jim explained the first time you
asked. Since the answers were correct, asking again will not result in a
different answer.

Sunny

bar

Nice idea and don't think that you were the first to want to do this.

Of course it goes against the rules of commerce: you know, pay to use on ONE
computer, therfore CAN'T possibly be used on two. Not right, not legal and
just not the done thing.

Windows XP also has a little file called the registry: this also makes it
impossible to achieve what you want.

Now instead of posting the same question again, go and search [do a google]
on Windows Registry and you will have everything expained in greater detail:
that is if you really care to know better.