Audio connectors for P4C8565PE Dragon 2?

Hello,

I have a brand new Dragon 2 (SY-P4I865PE Plus) and I noticed the plugs
for my audio system seem to be too big for the speaker jacks on the
rear of the mother board (external connectors). The same connectors
fit my other PC.

I wonder what size the proper connectors are?

I checked mine with a vernier caliper and the diameter is about
0.138-inch. This seems too big to go into the mother board jacks.

What do I need?

Regards,

John
2 answers Last reply
More about audio connectors p4c8565pe dragon

    nospam@badaddr.com (John Ely) wrote in message news:<41214a63.7104455@news.cedar-rapids.net>...

    If your talking about plugs for a stereo system, yes they are to big.
    The larger plugs on some motherboards are S/PDIF which look just like
    the plugs on a stereo.
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a brand new Dragon 2 (SY-P4I865PE Plus) and I noticed the plugs
    > for my audio system seem to be too big for the speaker jacks on the
    > rear of the mother board (external connectors). The same connectors
    > fit my other PC.
    >
    > I wonder what size the proper connectors are?
    >
    > I checked mine with a vernier caliper and the diameter is about
    > 0.138-inch. This seems too big to go into the mother board jacks.
    >
    > What do I need?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > John
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    nospam@badaddr.com (John Ely) wrote in message news:<41214a63.7104455@news.cedar-rapids.net>...

    If your talking about plugs for a stereo system, yes they are to big.
    The larger plugs on some motherboards are S/PDIF which look just like
    the plugs on a stereo.

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a brand new Dragon 2 (SY-P4I865PE Plus) and I noticed the plugs
    > for my audio system seem to be too big for the speaker jacks on the
    > rear of the mother board (external connectors). The same connectors
    > fit my other PC.
    >
    > I wonder what size the proper connectors are?
    >
    > I checked mine with a vernier caliper and the diameter is about
    > 0.138-inch. This seems too big to go into the mother board jacks.
    >
    > What do I need?
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > John

Audio Motherboards