KT600 Platiumn?

I cannot find any place in the Bios to set the FSB. Please help
2 answers Last reply
More about kt600 platiumn

    Brent wrote:
    > I cannot find any place in the Bios to set the FSB. Please help

    Brent, Page 49 has the settings. I know that they are NOT clear on any
    of the settings, especially on pages 53 & 54 "DRAM TIMING", Trans
    NON-DDR/400/DD is set to 7T/10T BUT IF I HAVE DDR 400 ???

    Back to the FSB, My CPU is a Barton 3200 which is a 400 MHz processor. I
    set the cpu frequency mode to Auto. I believe that sets the FSB to 400
    MHz automatically. I am using Ultra DDR 400 Mhz memory 512 x 2. I set
    the DRAM TIMING to "By SPD".

    This set up seems to fly for me.

    I wish that someone would take the time and write the BEST settings down
    for the whole bios. I know that there are different settings for each
    special purpose, however a BETTER explanation of each setting would be
    awesome.

    I hope this helps, it works for me but I really don't understand the
    settings especially for the memory !

    Ken
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    KRSMITH <krspackers@charter.net> wrote in message news:<10i3ro12qfndq0b@corp.supernews.com>...
    > Brent wrote:
    > > I cannot find any place in the Bios to set the FSB. Please help
    > >

    > Brent, Page 49 has the settings. I know that they are NOT clear on any
    > of the settings, especially on pages 53 & 54 "DRAM TIMING", Trans
    > NON-DDR/400/DD is set to 7T/10T BUT IF I HAVE DDR 400 ???
    >
    > Back to the FSB, My CPU is a Barton 3200 which is a 400 MHz processor. I
    > set the cpu frequency mode to Auto. I believe that sets the FSB to 400
    > MHz automatically. I am using Ultra DDR 400 Mhz memory 512 x 2. I set
    > the DRAM TIMING to "By SPD".
    >
    > This set up seems to fly for me.
    >
    > I wish that someone would take the time and write the BEST settings down
    > for the whole bios. I know that there are different settings for each
    > special purpose, however a BETTER explanation of each setting would be
    > awesome.
    >
    > I hope this helps, it works for me but I really don't understand the
    > settings especially for the memory !
    >
    > Ken

    For info on ram timings, go here and check the bios guide:
    http://www.rojakpot.com/

    In general, lower ram timing values mean faster performance if the ram itself
    can run at "tighter values". You need to experiment with different values
    and see what works best for your setup. There is no one set of values that
    works for every motherboard/ram brand combo.

    Andy

BIOS Soyo Motherboards