P4VDA-Soyo speedfreak

Hi. Does anyone here know what the "J30" jumper does on the SY-P4VDA? I'm
hoping it has something to do with IDE and PCI bus speeds, since it says on
the booklet that the board supports 533fsb, but the PCI bus goes to 45 and
the AGP goes to 88 when I install a 533 cpu. I sure hope someone here can
help, this is a mess. TIA
Earl
retrotech50

"E. Harris" <ewharris51@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<10i6p226ae8r9a1@corp.supernews.com>...

You better check that manual again the SY-P4VDA does not support the
533Mhz cpu. It only supports the 400Mhz cpu. You can refer to the
manual online at the SoyoUSA web site if you like.

> Hi. Does anyone here know what the "J30" jumper does on the SY-P4VDA? I'm
> hoping it has something to do with IDE and PCI bus speeds, since it says on
> the booklet that the board supports 533fsb, but the PCI bus goes to 45 and
> the AGP goes to 88 when I install a 533 cpu. I sure hope someone here can
> help, this is a mess. TIA
> Earl
> retrotech50

"E. Harris" <ewharris51@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<10i6p226ae8r9a1@corp.supernews.com>...

If you look in the Manual you will see that the J30 jumper is for a
Mic or LED connection depending on which connectors you use on it.
Some of the Sigma boxes have an LED to show NIC activity and it
connects to this jumper, some front panel devices have a jack for a
Microphone and it would be connected to the J30 jumper if it wasn't
being used for the LED.

> Hi. Does anyone here know what the "J30" jumper does on the SY-P4VDA? I'm
> hoping it has something to do with IDE and PCI bus speeds, since it says on
> the booklet that the board supports 533fsb, but the PCI bus goes to 45 and
> the AGP goes to 88 when I install a 533 cpu. I sure hope someone here can
> help, this is a mess. TIA
> Earl
> retrotech50

Look in the "CPU Support" page, it lists 400 and 533 CPU's. It's no big
deal, I can get a 400 mhz CPU, I was just surprised to see the bus speeds so
far out-of-whack, on a mobo that "supposedly" is OK with 533 CPU's.
<E>
"Jim B." <j.burghdoff@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> "E. Harris" <ewharris51@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
> You better check that manual again the SY-P4VDA does not support the
> 533Mhz cpu. It only supports the 400Mhz cpu. You can refer to the
> manual online at the SoyoUSA web site if you like.
>
> > Hi. Does anyone here know what the "J30" jumper does on the SY-P4VDA?
I'm
> > hoping it has something to do with IDE and PCI bus speeds, since it says
on
> > the booklet that the board supports 533fsb, but the PCI bus goes to 45
and
> > the AGP goes to 88 when I install a 533 cpu. I sure hope someone here
can
> > help, this is a mess. TIA
> > Earl
> > retrotech50

"E. Harris" <ewharris51@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<10ib7005t6b81f@corp.supernews.com>...

You are correct the CPU Support web page does say 400 or 533, must be
misprint. You should always reseach more. The complete manual for the
board is also avalible on the web site and there on the first page in
big print says 400MHz support. Go back into the manual deeper and it
also shows a diagram of what each jumper is for. Another give away
would have been on page 11 of the manual where it asks you to mark
your cpu frequency, all listed are at 100MHz. Another dead give a way
is the lack of a PCI devider lock in the BIOS.

You can also run that 533Mhz cpu at 400Mhz. It won't give you the
speed it was to have but will let you run the board till you can get
the proper cpu for it. You could also squeez a little more out of it
by setting it above 400, but how far is dependant on your memory.

> Look in the "CPU Support" page, it lists 400 and 533 CPU's. It's no big
> deal, I can get a 400 mhz CPU, I was just surprised to see the bus speeds so
> far out-of-whack, on a mobo that "supposedly" is OK with 533 CPU's.
> <E>
> "Jim B." <j.burghdoff@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> > "E. Harris" <ewharris51@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > You better check that manual again the SY-P4VDA does not support the
> > 533Mhz cpu. It only supports the 400Mhz cpu. You can refer to the
> > manual online at the SoyoUSA web site if you like.
> >
> > > Hi. Does anyone here know what the "J30" jumper does on the SY-P4VDA?
> I'm
> > > hoping it has something to do with IDE and PCI bus speeds, since it says
> on
> > > the booklet that the board supports 533fsb, but the PCI bus goes to 45
> and
> > > the AGP goes to 88 when I install a 533 cpu. I sure hope someone here
> can
> > > help, this is a mess. TIA
> > > Earl
> > > retrotech50

blyte_scrin

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
very old post. incorrect even at the time of posting.

correct info
so peeps are not confused
1 the SY-P4VDA rev1 bios lowest settings 100 MHz (for a 400 FSB CPU)
2 the SY-P4VDA rev2 bios lowest settings 133 MHz (for a 533 FSB CPU)

I have both versions of the mobo.,both have a P4 2.4 MHz 533 FSB CPU in them. The bios are identical. Flashed from same floppy disk.

They never updated the on-line manual.
(Added a suplimential page to the manual for the rev.2 it listed the mobo revisons.)

SOYO GROUP INC. is now defunct went bankrupt. They filed in CA. USA iMay of 2008
The company stopped all operations in May of 2009
The website is also gone. It was taken down late 2009.

Hope this info can help.
P.S. the last bios release is the 2AA4
I have all the latest drivers for the mobo if you need them.
blyte_scrin at hotmal dot com

IT guy

I have one SY-P4VDA motherboard, I put the p4 2.8 , it works fine. recently I change the computer case, and can not find the manual for this board online. maybe I am not dig hard enough, I searched most common websites, not found, hope someone will help me out. basically I forget how to hook up the power switch, power led and HDD led on this motherboard. also speaker connection. Appreciated your help and any input.