Network Dragon Lite Card Stopped - Testing?

Have Sy-KT400 Dragon Lite with built-in network card that was working until
I installed a router. The light on the router blinks fast when cable
connected to this card but not with another network card I installed to get
the internet. Thus it seems that everything works except the built-in card.
How do I test to find out if the driver or hardware failed?

Thank you for your help.
3 answers Last reply
More about network dragon lite card stopped testing

    "DrB" <drburdiX@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:<ir8Vc.6153$p86.1074@newssvr27.news.prodigy.com>...

    Run your internet connection direct to the onboard NIC. If you can
    connect to the internet this way, then the problem isn't with the
    onboard NIC. The problem would be most likely the way the router is
    set up. What type of internet connection are you using (Cable or DSL)?

    You can also go into the device manager and see if there is a yellow
    exclimation mark next to the Onboard NIC listing. If so the driver is
    not installed correctly.

    > Have Sy-KT400 Dragon Lite with built-in network card that was working until
    > I installed a router. The light on the router blinks fast when cable
    > connected to this card but not with another network card I installed to get
    > the internet. Thus it seems that everything works except the built-in card.
    > How do I test to find out if the driver or hardware failed?
    >
    > Thank you for your help.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    Did all that already and no success. As I indicated I get the internet on
    another card that I installed in the computer so the router works fine. Even
    change the cable, router connection, etc.

    Even though I have another network card installed and working, WinXpPro
    shows a network connection unplugged when there is no cable connected to it
    so something must be working to detect this.

    Anyway of checking the built-in card to see if functioning?

    "Jim B." <j.burghdoff@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > "DrB" <drburdiX@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    >
    > Run your internet connection direct to the onboard NIC. If you can
    > connect to the internet this way, then the problem isn't with the
    > onboard NIC. The problem would be most likely the way the router is
    > set up. What type of internet connection are you using (Cable or DSL)?
    >
    > You can also go into the device manager and see if there is a yellow
    > exclimation mark next to the Onboard NIC listing. If so the driver is
    > not installed correctly.
    >
    > > Have Sy-KT400 Dragon Lite with built-in network card that was working
    until
    > > I installed a router. The light on the router blinks fast when cable
    > > connected to this card but not with another network card I installed to
    get
    > > the internet. Thus it seems that everything works except the built-in
    card.
    > > How do I test to find out if the driver or hardware failed?
    > >
    > > Thank you for your help.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    "DrB" <drburdiX@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:<iCyVc.8485$Bt5.4528@twister.socal.rr.com>...

    On your board there was a problem with the onboard NIC loosing the MAC
    address. Without the proper MAC address the onboard NIC could be
    working fine but without the address it won't be able to connect to
    the net. Every NIC has a assigned address. At one time you could
    contact Soyo and they would send you what you needed to restore the
    MAC address. I don't know if you can anymore. Since the NIC's are
    cheap and you have installed one and your not having any problems
    connecting to the web with it. Just enter the BIOS and deactivate your
    onboard NIC if has an entry for it in the Soyo combo page. If there
    isn't one just deactivate it in your device manager in XP.

    > Did all that already and no success. As I indicated I get the internet on
    > another card that I installed in the computer so the router works fine. Even
    > change the cable, router connection, etc.
    >
    > Even though I have another network card installed and working, WinXpPro
    > shows a network connection unplugged when there is no cable connected to it
    > so something must be working to detect this.
    >
    > Anyway of checking the built-in card to see if functioning?
    >
    > "Jim B." <j.burghdoff@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > > "DrB" <drburdiX@pacbell.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Run your internet connection direct to the onboard NIC. If you can
    > > connect to the internet this way, then the problem isn't with the
    > > onboard NIC. The problem would be most likely the way the router is
    > > set up. What type of internet connection are you using (Cable or DSL)?
    > >
    > > You can also go into the device manager and see if there is a yellow
    > > exclimation mark next to the Onboard NIC listing. If so the driver is
    > > not installed correctly.
    > >
    > > > Have Sy-KT400 Dragon Lite with built-in network card that was working
    > until
    > > > I installed a router. The light on the router blinks fast when cable
    > > > connected to this card but not with another network card I installed to
    > get
    > > > the internet. Thus it seems that everything works except the built-in
    > card.
    > > > How do I test to find out if the driver or hardware failed?
    > > >
    > > > Thank you for your help.

Routers Network Card Motherboards