Laptop now runs very slowly when printing

A friend has a laptop that I recently removed a lot of viruses from. It's
now clean, except that the whole machine runs very slowly indeed when
anything is printing. Any ideas what might be causing that?

--
####################
## PH, London

what printer is it, does it use PS and PCL try updating or reinstalling the
drivers

"Philip Herlihy" wrote:

> A friend has a laptop that I recently removed a lot of viruses from. It's
> now clean, except that the whole machine runs very slowly indeed when
> anything is printing. Any ideas what might be causing that?
>
> --
> ####################
> ## PH, London
> ####################

I'm exasperated (with myself) to be unable to remember what printer it is!
I've emailed my friend for details. Is PS or PCL significant? I've never
given it much thought - install printer, print pages...

I'll try reinstalling the drivers when I'm next there - as far as I recall
(few weeks ago) I used the CD which came with the printer - there may be
something more recent on the manufacturer's website.

Essentially the installation isn't that different - I found that I had to
re-register the DLLs for vbscript and JavaScript after cleaning up a lot of
malware. There's no sign of any remaining infection - just this performance
problem when printing.

--
## PH, London