External disk - prevent XP from scanning it on connection

I have an external 250 GB disk which I connect to my laptop using Firewire. When
I do, Windows XP insists on scanning the entire drive in order to present a list
of suggested tasks.

This feature of Windows XP comes in quite handy when connecting a digital camera
(where I might be promted to execute an image browser or start the digital
camera wizard) or inserting a DVD (where I can have XP launch my DVD-player
software automatically) but I find it annoying to have this pop-up come up
everytime I connect this particular disk.

I do not want to have to hold down shift everytime I connect it. I was rather
thinking I might getting away with creating a autostart file or something. I've
tried googling on the subject but didn't come up with anyting useful.

Go to My Computer, right click the drive, Properties, Auto Play and select
the action you would like from the list, including do nothing.