SY-P4I865PE PLUS DRAGON 2 Slow - CD-Rom

My cdrom is very slow. It was never this slow on my shuttle mboard. Any
suggestions on how to speed it up?
2 answers Last reply
More about p4i865pe dragon slow

    dcervan123@aol.com (DCervan123) wrote in message news:<20040824230349.12055.00004414@mb-m01.aol.com>...
    > My cdrom is very slow. It was never this slow on my shuttle mboard. Any
    > suggestions on how to speed it up?

    Ons suggeation , itneede to be on a 40 wire cable. Alo go into device
    manager/IDE controllers and set for "use DMA if possible"
    Dave
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    dcervan123@aol.com (DCervan123) wrote in message news:<20040824230349.12055.00004414@mb-m01.aol.com>...

    Your question can't be addressed without more information. You need to
    give the details of the system.

    Whats the operating system?
    What is the layout your using, ie: where are the drives connected and
    what are they set at (master, slave, or cable select)this not only
    includes the questioned cdrom drive but your hard drives as well.
    What cpu?
    How much memory and brand and type?
    What is your boot order set to?
    What video card?
    What power supply and it's output?

    You may not think this information is needed but any one of these
    could lead to problems with system operation.

    Anyone posting a problem should always give all the inforamtion they
    can along with the question.

    > My cdrom is very slow. It was never this slow on my shuttle mboard. Any
    > suggestions on how to speed it up?

Soyo CD-Rom Motherboards