SY-P4I865PE PLUS DRAGON 2 Slow - CD-Rom

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
August 25, 2004 7:03:49 AM

My cdrom is very slow. It was never this slow on my shuttle mboard. Any
suggestions on how to speed it up?
August 25, 2004 9:07:19 AM

dcervan123@aol.com (DCervan123) wrote in message news:<20040824230349.12055.00004414@mb-m01.aol.com>...
> My cdrom is very slow. It was never this slow on my shuttle mboard. Any
> suggestions on how to speed it up?

Ons suggeation , itneede to be on a 40 wire cable. Alo go into device
manager/IDE controllers and set for "use DMA if possible"
Dave
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 25, 2004 12:50:47 PM

dcervan123@aol.com (DCervan123) wrote in message news:<20040824230349.12055.00004414@mb-m01.aol.com>...

Your question can't be addressed without more information. You need to
give the details of the system.

Whats the operating system?
What is the layout your using, ie: where are the drives connected and
what are they set at (master, slave, or cable select)this not only
includes the questioned cdrom drive but your hard drives as well.
What cpu?
How much memory and brand and type?
What is your boot order set to?
What video card?
What power supply and it's output?

You may not think this information is needed but any one of these
could lead to problems with system operation.

Anyone posting a problem should always give all the inforamtion they
can along with the question.

!