Need help installing XP Pro with SATA HDD

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
August 25, 2004 6:00:50 PM

I need help installing XP Pro (not an upgrade) on a new computer I
built. I know I need to install drivers for the SATA HDD during XP
installataion, but I dont know exaxtly what files to install from the
motherboard disc. Here are my com specs:

Motherboard: SOYO K8USA Dragon Ultra
Hard disc drive: 200G SATA150 Western Digital Cavair model WD2000JD
Processor: Athlon 64 PC3200
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 26, 2004 7:22:44 PM

jscorpio1887@aol.com (Jim) wrote in message news:<391f7610.0408251300.3b93ca42@posting.google.com>...

The answer to your question is on Page 99 of your motherboard manual.
But if for some reason you didn't get the manual. You will need to put
the Soyo CD in another computer and then go to d:\raid\m5283\floppy
folder on the CD. Then copy everything in the Floppy folder to a
Floppy disk. You must make sure it includes the TXTSETUP.oem file.
Without this file XP will not detect the drivers.

Then during the start of XP installation make sure you have this
floppy disk in your computer. The first message on the bottom of your
screen will stay "Press F-6" if you need to install third party RAID
or SCSI drivers. Hit F-6, the setup will continue copying files and
then a blue screen will come up asking you to hit the "S" key to
install third party RAID or SCSI drivers. Hit "S" it will then ask you
for a floppy disk and to hit "ENTER" when the disk is in, but you
already will have the disk in so just hit "ENTER".

A list will come up with the drivers on the floppy disk, choose M5283
SATA RAID controller from the list. You will get a message that says
the driver your trying to use is newer then the default XP driver and
to again hit "S" to use this driver. DO SO!

After it install this driver it will again take you back to the screen
that asks if you want to install third party RAID or SCSI drivers to
hit "S" or to continue with setup hit "ENTER" this time hit "ENTER"
and XP will continue on its way. When it gets to the message that your
computer will restart in 15 seconds make sure you no longer have the
floppy disk in the drive.

Thats it. If you have any problems the first place to look is in the
motherboard BIOS to make sure you have the boot order set correctly
and the RAID controller is set to enabled. Even though you may not be
setting up a RAID array the controller must be on to use the SATA
drives.

!