K7VME and Duron 1.0 Ghz

I have an older Duron that runs at 1.0Ghz. The product page for the
K7VME says is supports Duron 1.3 - 1.8Ghz. I'm building a system for a
friend who can't afford to spend much more than the Tiger Direct LAN
Party Soyo box for $19.99. If it will run the Duron, I would appreciate
knowing soon as I would like to try to buy one before the deadline on
the 31st. The Duron is a 100MHz FSB chip (200 doubled).

Any help much appreciated.

curmudgeon

That board does offer 100 fsb support, along with 133 &n 166 .
According to the manual, it supports Duron/Morgan chips, along with
K7/Athlon XP (palamino,thrououghbred/Barton).
Based on what I read, your Duron oughta work as long as it fits the 462 pin
Socket A standard.
There is no limiting verbiage as far as the Duron is concerned.

Curmudgeon wrote:
> That board does offer 100 fsb support, along with 133 &n 166 .
> According to the manual, it supports Duron/Morgan chips, along with
> K7/Athlon XP (palamino,thrououghbred/Barton).
> Based on what I read, your Duron oughta work as long as it fits the 462 pin
> Socket A standard.
> There is no limiting verbiage as far as the Duron is concerned.
>

> "stanmc" <stanmcn0spam@ameritech.net> wrote in message
>
>>I have an older Duron that runs at 1.0Ghz. The product page for the
>>K7VME says is supports Duron 1.3 - 1.8Ghz. I'm building a system for a
>>friend who can't afford to spend much more than the Tiger Direct LAN
>>Party Soyo box for $19.99. If it will run the Duron, I would appreciate
>>knowing soon as I would like to try to buy one before the deadline on
>>the 31st. The Duron is a 100MHz FSB chip (200 doubled).
>>
>>Any help much appreciated.

The limiting verbiage would appear to be that it says it supports
1.3-1.8MHz. It doesn't state that it supports 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2. The
Duron 1.0 does fit the 462 pin Socket A interface. I just wish they
would "state" that it will support the three lower speeds, especially 1.0.

curmudgeon

You're talking apples and oranges!! I was quoting the Soyo manual...you're
going by what some copy writer on Tiger Direct's board says.
Who you gonna believe?
If you don't want answers, don't ask questions.

Curmudgeon wrote:
> You're talking apples and oranges!! I was quoting the Soyo manual...you're
> going by what some copy writer on Tiger Direct's board says.
> Who you gonna believe?
> If you don't want answers, don't ask questions.
>
> "stanmc" <stanmcn0spam@ameritech.net> wrote in message
>
>>Curmudgeon wrote:
>>
>>>That board does offer 100 fsb support, along with 133 &n 166 .
>>>According to the manual, it supports Duron/Morgan chips, along with
>>>K7/Athlon XP (palamino,thrououghbred/Barton).
>>>Based on what I read, your Duron oughta work as long as it fits the 462
>
> pin
>
>>>Socket A standard.
>>>There is no limiting verbiage as far as the Duron is concerned.
>>>

>>>"stanmc" <stanmcn0spam@ameritech.net> wrote in message

>>The limiting verbiage would appear to be that it says it supports
>>1.3-1.8MHz. It doesn't state that it supports 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2. The
>>Duron 1.0 does fit the 462 pin Socket A interface. I just wish they
>>would "state" that it will support the three lower speeds, especially 1.0.

No Apples and Oranges. You didn't reveal your source until your second
reply. I wasn't quoting Tiger Direct, but Soyo. That is what it lists
for the K7VME board. I did find the Duron/Morgan reference in the Quick
Setup guide. If you had stated your source, then I wouldn't have sent a
reply which angered you so. Chill out!!! As for asking questions and
wanting answers, it helps if you know what source the person replying is
using. Please in the future don't respond to my questions, I don't need
unwarranted and misdirected anger.

stanmc wrote:
> Curmudgeon wrote:
>
>> You're talking apples and oranges!! I was quoting the Soyo
>> manual...you're
>> going by what some copy writer on Tiger Direct's board says.
>> Who you gonna believe?
>> If you don't want answers, don't ask questions.
>>
>> "stanmc" <stanmcn0spam@ameritech.net> wrote in message

>> pin

>>> The limiting verbiage would appear to be that it says it supports
>>> 1.3-1.8MHz. It doesn't state that it supports 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2. The
>>> Duron 1.0 does fit the 462 pin Socket A interface. I just wish they
>>> would "state" that it will support the three lower speeds, especially
>>> 1.0.
>>

> No Apples and Oranges. You didn't reveal your source until your second
> reply. I wasn't quoting Tiger Direct, but Soyo. That is what it lists
> for the K7VME board. I did find the Duron/Morgan reference in the Quick
> Setup guide. If you had stated your source, then I wouldn't have sent a
> reply which angered you so. Chill out!!! As for asking questions and
> wanting answers, it helps if you know what source the person replying is
> using. Please in the future don't respond to my questions, I don't need
> unwarranted and misdirected anger.

Sorry, I missed your reference to the manual.