Combo CD-ROM/DVD problem

Hi all!

My system has Windows XP Professional, with all the updates.
My Combo CD-ROM/DVD drive is from a Notebook HP Pavilion zv5000. My system
says that it is: "HL-DT-ST DVD+RW GCA-4040N".

If I insert on the combo CD-ROM/DVD drive a CD ( music or data ), everything
is ok.
If I insert there a DVD - if it is a rental movie, the system plays it, if I
insert a Data DVD or a backup movie it does not play it.

If I go to a command prompt and try to access that drive, the system says
that: "The device is not ready.".

Any idea why this happens and how can I fix it?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards,
Joaquim.
1 answer Last reply
More about combo problem

    have you been finalising the disc when you make it or creating a multisession?

    "Joaquim Macedo" wrote:

    > Hi all!
    >

    > My system has Windows XP Professional, with all the updates.
    > My Combo CD-ROM/DVD drive is from a Notebook HP Pavilion zv5000. My system
    > says that it is: "HL-DT-ST DVD+RW GCA-4040N".
    >
    > If I insert on the combo CD-ROM/DVD drive a CD ( music or data ), everything
    > is ok.
    > If I insert there a DVD - if it is a rental movie, the system plays it, if I
    > insert a Data DVD or a backup movie it does not play it.
    >
    > If I go to a command prompt and try to access that drive, the system says
    > that: "The device is not ready.".
    >

    > Any idea why this happens and how can I fix it?
    >

    > Thanks a lot in advance.
    >

    > Best regards,
    > Joaquim.

DVD CD-Rom DVD Drives Windows XP