Combo CD-ROM/DVD problem

May 8, 2005 1:52:03 PM

Hi all!

My system has Windows XP Professional, with all the updates.
My Combo CD-ROM/DVD drive is from a Notebook HP Pavilion zv5000. My system
says that it is: "HL-DT-ST DVD+RW GCA-4040N".

If I insert on the combo CD-ROM/DVD drive a CD ( music or data ), everything
is ok.
If I insert there a DVD - if it is a rental movie, the system plays it, if I
insert a Data DVD or a backup movie it does not play it.

If I go to a command prompt and try to access that drive, the system says
that: "The device is not ready.".

Any idea why this happens and how can I fix it?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards,
Joaquim.

More about : combo rom dvd problem

Anonymous
May 9, 2005 9:31:04 AM

have you been finalising the disc when you make it or creating a multisession?

!