I've been having problems with windows xp home edition. The past few weeks
only sometimes and sometimes its often my computer Shuts down without me
shuting it down.I'll be doing something and it just goes blank then i have to
click the button to turn it back on. It does not tell me its shuting down it
just does it. Can someone please help me?. I do all the updates so i just
dont know what to do. Can you please contact me by e-mail :
crystaldover@bellsouth.net please. i dont even know if this is the right
place for me to be asking for help.

thanks

Heat, power supply, come to mind. Could be a software
conflict. You can check the Event viewer by right clicking
My Computer and selecting Manage.

"Crystalneedshelp"
<Crystalneedshelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
:
| crystaldover@bellsouth.net please. i dont even know if
this is the right
| place for me to be asking for help.
|
| thanks

Just out of curiosity, is this a Gateway computer that's about 2 or 3 years
old?

-Nate

"Crystalneedshelp" wrote:

> I've been having problems with windows xp home edition. The past few weeks
> only sometimes and sometimes its often my computer Shuts down without me
> shuting it down.I'll be doing something and it just goes blank then i have to
> click the button to turn it back on. It does not tell me its shuting down it
> just does it. Can someone please help me?. I do all the updates so i just
> dont know what to do. Can you please contact me by e-mail :
> crystaldover@bellsouth.net please. i dont even know if this is the right
> place for me to be asking for help.
>
> thanks

perhaps it is just going to the screen saver (blank screen one).