NO VIDEO, NO BEEPS, AFTER Win XP install, HELPPPP!!!!

Bought a new barebones with a soyo k7vme and an athlon XP 2800

installed Win XP, then the 4 in 1 drivers from the soyo CD, prompted
me to reboot. so I did and it has never came back on again. All I get
is the CPU fan running and the CD drive spinning up then stopping.
No screen, no beeps nothing. I am using the onboard video. When no
screen showed up I tried a Radeon 9200 video card. still the same
thing. So I tried to clear the CMOS. Again the same thing. WHAT
HAPPENED? What should I try next?

SOYO SY-K7VME
AMD Athlon XP 2800+
Ultra 256 MB PC-2700
WD 120 GB HDD
either onboard vid or ATI 9200SE
Samsung 16XDVD/52X CDRW combo

==============
More about video beeps install helpppp

    People have often put the fan/heatsink on backward, trying to get it all in
    there beside the power supply.

    Try this:

    Remove all your RAM. Start machine. Do you hear 3 short beeps, pause, then
    3 beeps again...continuing.
    If yes, your cpu is working and trying to find the RAM.
    If not, you've fried the CPU.
    If you get the 3 beep sequence, then put the ram back in. Now, you shold
    hear one beep. If not, one of two things: RAM is bad or motherboard is.
    Try substituting new or borrowed RAM stick.

    "bkyle77" <bkcustomcomp@sbcglobal-dot-net.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
    > Bought a new barebones with a soyo k7vme and an athlon XP 2800
    >
    > installed Win XP, then the 4 in 1 drivers from the soyo CD, prompted
    > me to reboot. so I did and it has never came back on again. All I get
    > is the CPU fan running and the CD drive spinning up then stopping.
    > No screen, no beeps nothing. I am using the onboard video. When no
    > screen showed up I tried a Radeon 9200 video card. still the same
    > thing. So I tried to clear the CMOS. Again the same thing. WHAT
    > HAPPENED? What should I try next?
    >
    > SOYO SY-K7VME
    > AMD Athlon XP 2800+
    > Ultra 256 MB PC-2700
    > WD 120 GB HDD
    > either onboard vid or ATI 9200SE
    > Samsung 16XDVD/52X CDRW combo
    >
    > ==============
    troubleshooting newsgroups.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    Just try the CPU, fan and RAM. Remove all unnecessary things like video
    card, and all drives like the CD drive and Hard Drive.
    Almost sounds like you need to reseat things like the RAM.
    Is the power supply AMD certified?
    Let us know what happens!
    later,
    dave

    "bkyle77" <bkcustomcomp@sbcglobal-dot-net.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
    > Bought a new barebones with a soyo k7vme and an athlon XP 2800
    >
    > installed Win XP, then the 4 in 1 drivers from the soyo CD, prompted
    > me to reboot. so I did and it has never came back on again. All I get
    > is the CPU fan running and the CD drive spinning up then stopping.
    > No screen, no beeps nothing. I am using the onboard video. When no
    > screen showed up I tried a Radeon 9200 video card. still the same
    > thing. So I tried to clear the CMOS. Again the same thing. WHAT
    > HAPPENED? What should I try next?
    >
    > SOYO SY-K7VME
    > AMD Athlon XP 2800+
    > Ultra 256 MB PC-2700
    > WD 120 GB HDD
    > either onboard vid or ATI 9200SE
    > Samsung 16XDVD/52X CDRW combo
    >
    > ==============
    troubleshooting newsgroups.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    Did your RAM sticks fall out?
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    A fried processor is a possibility. A faulty power supply did something
    similar to me once and a new processor was dead. So was it's replacement and
    then I realized the problem. Ouch

    "Curmudgeon" <biteme@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > People have often put the fan/heatsink on backward, trying to get it all
    > in
    > there beside the power supply.
    >
    > Try this:
    >
    > Remove all your RAM. Start machine. Do you hear 3 short beeps, pause,
    > then
    > 3 beeps again...continuing.
    > If yes, your cpu is working and trying to find the RAM.
    > If not, you've fried the CPU.
    > If you get the 3 beep sequence, then put the ram back in. Now, you shold
    > hear one beep. If not, one of two things: RAM is bad or motherboard is.
    > Try substituting new or borrowed RAM stick.
    >

    > "René" <garbagejunkandcrap@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Did your RAM sticks fall out?
    >>

    > "bkyle77" <bkcustomcomp@sbcglobal-dot-net.no-spam.invalid> wrote in
    > message
    >> Bought a new barebones with a soyo k7vme and an athlon XP 2800
    >>
    >> installed Win XP, then the 4 in 1 drivers from the soyo CD, prompted
    >> me to reboot. so I did and it has never came back on again. All I get
    >> is the CPU fan running and the CD drive spinning up then stopping.
    >> No screen, no beeps nothing. I am using the onboard video. When no
    >> screen showed up I tried a Radeon 9200 video card. still the same
    >> thing. So I tried to clear the CMOS. Again the same thing. WHAT
    >> HAPPENED? What should I try next?
    >>
    >> SOYO SY-K7VME
    >> AMD Athlon XP 2800+
    >> Ultra 256 MB PC-2700