SY-KT600 motherboard with Athlon 2600+ (266)?

Tags:
  • Soyo
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
August 28, 2004 2:11:18 PM

Just got the TigerDirect 'deal' together ($39 after rebates). It comes
with a SY-KT600 motherboard. I installed a 2600+ Athlon with 266 FSB.
Seems to work fine, but apparently is detected as a "1.6 Ghz" CPU,
rather than 2.6

Any ideas? Is it possible that this mobo really does NOT support FSB
266 any longer? SOYO's homepage is not very clear since they have
THREE versions of the DRAGON (DRAGON PLUS, DRAGON PLUS V1.0, DRAGON
PLUS 2.0) and all three seem to use the same model number, SY-KT600.

I Think this is the DRAGON PLUS (no number). (is there an easy way to
confirm which one this is? The model numbers appear to be the SAME for
all THREE, SY-KT600 (go figure).

So, I guess it's really TWO questions: 1) FSB 266 support, and 2)
which motherboard do I have?

Mark

More about : kt600 motherboard athlon 2600 266

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 28, 2004 11:19:57 PM

markharris2000@comcast.net (Mark Harris) wrote in message news:<a945f35d.0408280911.b1ae975@posting.google.com>...
> Just got the TigerDirect 'deal' together ($39 after rebates). It comes
> with a SY-KT600 motherboard. I installed a 2600+ Athlon with 266 FSB.
> Seems to work fine, but apparently is detected as a "1.6 Ghz" CPU,
> rather than 2.6
>
> Any ideas? Is it possible that this mobo really does NOT support FSB
> 266 any longer? SOYO's homepage is not very clear since they have
> THREE versions of the DRAGON (DRAGON PLUS, DRAGON PLUS V1.0, DRAGON
> PLUS 2.0) and all three seem to use the same model number, SY-KT600.
>
> I Think this is the DRAGON PLUS (no number). (is there an easy way to
> confirm which one this is? The model numbers appear to be the SAME for
> all THREE, SY-KT600 (go figure).
>
> So, I guess it's really TWO questions: 1) FSB 266 support, and 2)
> which motherboard do I have?
>
> Mark

Yes, all 3 versions support a 266 FSB. Set the FJ1 jumpers to:
pins 2 and 3 shorted or closed and
pins 5 and 6 shorted or closed.

As to which version KT600 board you have:
The original KT600 board is the only version with a 1394 firewire port.
The KT600 2.0 version is the only one that has the CNR slot. It uses an
AMI bios. The other two versions have an Award bios.

Andy
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 30, 2004 1:56:51 AM

What kind of modern mobo has FSB jumpers? I guess I got spoiled with
many of the other brands all auto-detecting... As for the problem,
yes, perfectly resolved by setting FSB to 133 manually.

Also, I found that this motherboard is the Dragon Plus KT-600, (Not
the V1.0, not the V2.0, and not the original Dragon.) It was like
process of elimination to find out which one it was... furthar
complicated by a BIOS flash that allowed ANY of the DRAGON flashes to
be loaded! Yikes! I guess this FLASH loaded has no checks and balances
for SOYO...

All set now.

!