Notebook Toshiba A75

tma

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2003

Hi guys,

I made a clean install of Windows XP Pro SP2 on my new toshiba a75 and
experienced some problems with the Atheros wireless adapter.
Now, when I try to boot up the system, I receive this annoying message
saying that there's a "resource conflict - pci network controller in slot
03".
Well, this machine's bios does not allow me to change these irq settings so
I guess it was caused by SP2 itself or some of the several updates I've made
at windows update website (i don't remember exactly when the problem
started).
I've been checking the web and noticed that some other people are having
exactly the same problem so I discard a hardware malfunction on this case.
Anyone could give me a direction on where to look for further information to
solve this?

Thanks in advance,

TMA.

try a clean install with sp1a instead, sp2 has all sorts of problems like that.

"TMA" wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I made a clean install of Windows XP Pro SP2 on my new toshiba a75 and
> experienced some problems with the Atheros wireless adapter.
> Now, when I try to boot up the system, I receive this annoying message
> saying that there's a "resource conflict - pci network controller in slot
> 03".
> Well, this machine's bios does not allow me to change these irq settings so
> I guess it was caused by SP2 itself or some of the several updates I've made
> at windows update website (i don't remember exactly when the problem
> started).
> I've been checking the web and noticed that some other people are having
> exactly the same problem so I discard a hardware malfunction on this case.
> Anyone could give me a direction on where to look for further information to
> solve this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> TMA.

I did a clean install of XP with integrated SP2 on my A75 and didn't have
any problems. I suggest the first thing you do is uninstall both Network
Adapters and then reboot and let XP redetect them and reinstall.
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"TMA" <tmasoftwares@ig.com.br> wrote in message
> Hi guys,
>
> I made a clean install of Windows XP Pro SP2 on my new toshiba a75 and
> experienced some problems with the Atheros wireless adapter.
> Now, when I try to boot up the system, I receive this annoying message
> saying that there's a "resource conflict - pci network controller in slot
> 03".
> Well, this machine's bios does not allow me to change these irq settings
> so I guess it was caused by SP2 itself or some of the several updates I've
> made at windows update website (i don't remember exactly when the problem
> started).
> I've been checking the web and noticed that some other people are having
> exactly the same problem so I discard a hardware malfunction on this case.
> Anyone could give me a direction on where to look for further information
> to solve this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> TMA.

tma

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2003

Hmmmm, I didn't want to do that cos I like the new features that comes with
SP2.
Besides, I'm a bit confused now ... this is a new computer so I haven't
tested everything yet, but maybe this is not a software problem.
Last night, before turning off the pc, I choose restart and the "resource
conflict" thing came again, I did nothing but turn the machine off. I left
the battery charging all night and when I came here this morning, the error
message's desapeared. I'm starting to think that it's something related to
the ac power stuff or overheating on the motherboard.
Thanks for your message.

TMA

"J-Dee" <JDee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> try a clean install with sp1a instead, sp2 has all sorts of problems like
> that.
>
> "TMA" wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I made a clean install of Windows XP Pro SP2 on my new toshiba a75 and
>> experienced some problems with the Atheros wireless adapter.
>> Now, when I try to boot up the system, I receive this annoying message
>> saying that there's a "resource conflict - pci network controller in slot
>> 03".
>> Well, this machine's bios does not allow me to change these irq settings
>> so
>> I guess it was caused by SP2 itself or some of the several updates I've
>> made
>> at windows update website (i don't remember exactly when the problem
>> started).
>> I've been checking the web and noticed that some other people are having
>> exactly the same problem so I discard a hardware malfunction on this
>> case.
>> Anyone could give me a direction on where to look for further information
>> solve this?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> TMA.

tma

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2003

done that, Cari.
It's an intermitent error.

>I did a clean install of XP with integrated SP2 on my A75 and didn't have
>any problems. I suggest the first thing you do is uninstall both Network
>Adapters and then reboot and let XP redetect them and reinstall.
> --
> Cari
> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
>
> "TMA" <tmasoftwares@ig.com.br> wrote in message
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I made a clean install of Windows XP Pro SP2 on my new toshiba a75 and
>> experienced some problems with the Atheros wireless adapter.
>> Now, when I try to boot up the system, I receive this annoying message
>> saying that there's a "resource conflict - pci network controller in slot
>> 03".
>> Well, this machine's bios does not allow me to change these irq settings
>> so I guess it was caused by SP2 itself or some of the several updates
>> I've made at windows update website (i don't remember exactly when the
>> problem started).
>> I've been checking the web and noticed that some other people are having
>> exactly the same problem so I discard a hardware malfunction on this
>> case.
>> Anyone could give me a direction on where to look for further information
>> to solve this?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> TMA.

You've got all the Toshiba utilities from their website? I'd probably
suggest a call to your local Toshiba Service Center....