need help in installing "standard mode" HAL layer in XPpro

Hello,

to optimize my computer for audio, I have been advised to install XP_pro in
"standard mode" with regard to the Hardware Abstraction Layer. For this, I
was supposed to press "F5" when the prompt came up to install SCSI drivers
with F6. I did not see any such prompt on my screen during the install. I
chose the option to format my C drive and install in NTFS, but between that
and the "regional time & date settings" there was zero prompts involved.

Can anyone tell me if there was some specific stage that I should press
"F5"in ...?

thanks for any help..

Tom

GTS

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2003

The correct keypress is F7, not F5. It should be pressed when you see the
"Press F6 if you need to install a third-party SCSI or RAID driver" prompt.