P4I865PE Plus Dragon 2 V1.0 with Windows XP SP2, no sound

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
September 13, 2004 2:53:57 AM

Hi there,

I just get my machine with new motherboard from newegg.com, with P4
3.0E Prescott, Windows XP2, ATI Radeon 7000 VE video card. Everything
works fine, just no sound, no sound at all (it is not muted in the
OS).

Device Manager shows everything installed correctly. I updated the
BIOS to newer version (dated 06/10/2004) and C-Media driver to
5.12.1.42. Still no luck.

Anyone experience same problem?

TIA,
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 18, 2004 2:19:11 PM

It doesn't seem anyone has experienced this issue?
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 22, 2004 3:09:22 AM

huynq@finger-dance.com wrote in news:e954e7b3.0409122153.2ed45504
@posting.google.com:

> Hi there,
>
> I just get my machine with new motherboard from newegg.com, with P4
> 3.0E Prescott, Windows XP2, ATI Radeon 7000 VE video card. Everything
> works fine, just no sound, no sound at all (it is not muted in the
> OS).
>
> Device Manager shows everything installed correctly. I updated the
> BIOS to newer version (dated 06/10/2004) and C-Media driver to
> 5.12.1.42. Still no luck.
>
> Anyone experience same problem?
>
> TIA,

try the latest bios for your mb dated 9/17/04
they supposedly fix issues with sp2
hope this helps
!