P4I865PE Plus Dragon 2 V1.0 with Windows XP SP2, no sound

Hi there,

I just get my machine with new motherboard from newegg.com, with P4
3.0E Prescott, Windows XP2, ATI Radeon 7000 VE video card. Everything
works fine, just no sound, no sound at all (it is not muted in the
OS).

Device Manager shows everything installed correctly. I updated the
BIOS to newer version (dated 06/10/2004) and C-Media driver to
5.12.1.42. Still no luck.

Anyone experience same problem?

TIA,
2 answers Last reply
More about p4i865pe dragon windows sound

    It doesn't seem anyone has experienced this issue?
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    huynq@finger-dance.com wrote in news:e954e7b3.0409122153.2ed45504
    @posting.google.com:

    > Hi there,
    >
    > I just get my machine with new motherboard from newegg.com, with P4
    > 3.0E Prescott, Windows XP2, ATI Radeon 7000 VE video card. Everything
    > works fine, just no sound, no sound at all (it is not muted in the
    > OS).
    >
    > Device Manager shows everything installed correctly. I updated the
    > BIOS to newer version (dated 06/10/2004) and C-Media driver to
    > 5.12.1.42. Still no luck.
    >
    > Anyone experience same problem?
    >
    > TIA,

    try the latest bios for your mb dated 9/17/04
    they supposedly fix issues with sp2
    hope this helps

Windows XP Motherboards