settitng up my hardware

Hi, I am just rebuilding my computer and want it to work smoothly. Can
someone please help with the hardware config. and setup?
I have a multi DVD writer, a DVD player, a 40Gb hd, and a floppy. Which
one(s) should be master, slave, etc.? Thanks and very appreciated.

The floppy is on a separate cable all by itself.

I would personally put the hard drive on the first IDE as master and the DVD
burner and ROM on the second IDE as master and slave (in that order). Then
if you want to get a second hard drive because if you're going to be burning
DVDs your hard drive is very small you can add the second hard drive as
slave.
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"ediab" <ediab@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I am just rebuilding my computer and want it to work smoothly. Can
> someone please help with the hardware config. and setup?
> I have a multi DVD writer, a DVD player, a 40Gb hd, and a floppy. Which
> one(s) should be master, slave, etc.? Thanks and very appreciated.

izzy

That is amazing, i would do it exactly the same way : )

> The floppy is on a separate cable all by itself.
>
> I would personally put the hard drive on the first IDE as master and
> the DVD burner and ROM on the second IDE as master and slave (in that
> order). Then if you want to get a second hard drive because if you're
> going to be burning DVDs your hard drive is very small you can add the
> second hard drive as slave.
> --
> Cari
> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
>
> "ediab" <ediab@rogers.com> wrote in message
>> Hi, I am just rebuilding my computer and want it to work smoothly.
>> Can someone please help with the hardware config. and setup?
>> I have a multi DVD writer, a DVD player, a 40Gb hd, and a floppy.
>> Which one(s) should be master, slave, etc.? Thanks and very
>> appreciated.

Thank you, best explanation.

"izzy" <123@23.co.au> wrote in message
> That is amazing, i would do it exactly the same way : )
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
>> The floppy is on a separate cable all by itself.
>>
>> I would personally put the hard drive on the first IDE as master and the
>> DVD burner and ROM on the second IDE as master and slave (in that order).
>> Then if you want to get a second hard drive because if you're going to be
>> burning DVDs your hard drive is very small you can add the second hard
>> drive as slave.
>> --
>> Cari
>> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
>>
>> "ediab" <ediab@rogers.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi, I am just rebuilding my computer and want it to work smoothly. Can
>>> someone please help with the hardware config. and setup?
>>> I have a multi DVD writer, a DVD player, a 40Gb hd, and a floppy. Which
>>> one(s) should be master, slave, etc.? Thanks and very appreciated.

hard drive should be "primary master" (the one with the Operating system)
with option to add slave hard disk on the primary channel

Secondary Master/Slave for your dvd/dvd-rw on the secondary channel
Floppy goes on its own IDE channel.